Fennik

Multiple Bio Appointments

7 posts in this topic

Just want to confirm that we are supposed to have multiple biometrics appointments? We completed one last week and have another scheduled for this week. It appears the biometrics is separate for EAD & 485. Not that it's an issue, but I wanted to confirm.

Also, the USCIS website case status checker is extremely out of date. It has not updated once for any of our status's and as of this week we will be past the biometrics. The case status for all of them is still "We received your form". For anyone using that website, it's not very up to date.

Edited by Fennik

Yeah two biometrics appointments have been very common in the past months. 

Also there are two trackers:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

For me it only updates on the first website!

Cheers,

Darline

2 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Yeah two biometrics appointments have been very common in the past months. 

Also there are two trackers:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

For me it only updates on the first website!

Cheers,

Darline

Both websites have the same status at the moment for us. I don't know all of the appropriate status updates, but I assume it doesn't go from "Received Case" to "Interview Scheduled" as that would make it a fairly low value update mechanism lol.

1 minute ago, Fennik said:

Both websites have the same status at the moment for us. I don't know all of the appropriate status updates, but I assume it doesn't go from "Received Case" to "Interview Scheduled" as that would make it a fairly low value update mechanism lol.

Oh its because you didnt have both of the biometrics done. Once you did them, they will update your case too!

Mine went from: Received to something about my biometrics appointments, then Interview ready to be scheduled, Interview scheduled and now its "New card being produced".

6 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

Oh its because you didnt have both of the biometrics done. Once you did them, they will update your case too!

Mine went from: Received to something about my biometrics appointments, then Interview ready to be scheduled, Interview scheduled and now its "New card being produced".

Makes sense, maybe I should have filed from the Norfolk VA office! When did you originally file? Looks like we have 4 update possibilities left based on what you have.

1 hour ago, Fennik said:

Makes sense, maybe I should have filed from the Norfolk VA office! When did you originally file? Looks like we have 4 update possibilities left based on what you have.

You dont get to decide where to file. Like I live in Virginia so they put me into the Norfolk office. 

my NOA1 was May 20th. It would be good if you fill out your timeline, so people can help you easier!

34 minutes ago, Toastbear said:

You dont get to decide where to file. Like I live in Virginia so they put me into the Norfolk office. 

my NOA1 was May 20th. It would be good if you fill out your timeline, so people can help you easier!

My permanent address is in the Hampton Roads area, but filed for my current (non permanent) address in NoVa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.