mrfer

NVC Requesting I-864ez AFTER interview has been scheduled

8 posts in this topic

I'm a LPR filing a petition for my unmarried, under 21 child.

All documents had been accepted and we'd been waiting for the interview letter. About a week and a half ago, we received the interview letter and we were able to confirm our appointment with the US embassy website.

Today, I went on CEAC website to go over the paperwork to make sure I have everything printed out and ready to go (the interview is at the end of the month). Under Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence for me, it shows as "incomplete" (it used to say "accepted").

I had submitted the I-864 along with my taxes. My income comes from our family business. I also submitted the FORM I-864A CONTRACT BETWEEN SPONSOR AND HOUSEHOLD MEMBER for my husband, since he's the joint sponsor. All the documents for my husband still show as "accepted."

For me, though, they're now requesting the FORM I-864EZ AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT and the FORM W-2 WAGE AND TAX STATEMENT. I don't receive a W2. And from what I read, I wouldn't qualify to fill out the 1-864EZ (which is why I originally filled out the I-864...which was accepted).

I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Ignore it, that's what we did. Let Embassy handle it now because NVC won't be looking at it anyway if you are already documentarily qualified. 

We received documentarily qualified from NVC. 2 days later another agents logs in and asks for another document. We call NVC and NVC confirms all are fine. Interview and visa is then granted without embassy asking for that document again. 

Edited by zaback21

On 1/4/2020 at 11:52 AM, zaback21 said:

Ignore it, that's what we did. Let Embassy handle it now because NVC won't be looking at it anyway if you are already documentarily qualified. 

We received documentarily qualified from NVC. 2 days later another agents logs in and asks for another document. We call NVC and NVC confirms all are fine. Interview and visa is then granted without embassy asking for that document again. 

It's funny because we're not just DQ, we already have an interview date and time. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
I double checked on the other site (where I had to confirm the interview appointment) and all is okay (appointment is still showing as confirmed).

I was going to upload the tax transcripts now and send an email (I didn't have them initially when I uploaded my taxes), but I then I doubted myself. Either way, my son will be bringing my tax returns to the interview.

I'm still a bit concerned, I can't help it. Everything was ok!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 1/6/2020 at 7:30 AM, mrfer said:

It's funny because we're not just DQ, we already have an interview date and time. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
I double checked on the other site (where I had to confirm the interview appointment) and all is okay (appointment is still showing as confirmed).

I was going to upload the tax transcripts now and send an email (I didn't have them initially when I uploaded my taxes), but I then I doubted myself. Either way, my son will be bringing my tax returns to the interview.

I'm still a bit concerned, I can't help it. Everything was ok!

Don't worry. NVC's job is to check documents and forward it to Embassy who has the authority to grant visa. If Embassy needs something, they will ask for it. Just bring the document to interview if you are worried.

Just to give you the piece of mind, the case which I mentioned above still says incomplete while we have received our green card. So, enjoy and good luck!

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 1/4/2020 at 10:13 AM, mrfer said:

I'm a LPR filing a petition for my unmarried, under 21 child.

All documents had been accepted and we'd been waiting for the interview letter. About a week and a half ago, we received the interview letter and we were able to confirm our appointment with the US embassy website.

Today, I went on CEAC website to go over the paperwork to make sure I have everything printed out and ready to go (the interview is at the end of the month). Under Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence for me, it shows as "incomplete" (it used to say "accepted").

I had submitted the I-864 along with my taxes. My income comes from our family business. I also submitted the FORM I-864A CONTRACT BETWEEN SPONSOR AND HOUSEHOLD MEMBER for my husband, since he's the joint sponsor. All the documents for my husband still show as "accepted."

For me, though, they're now requesting the FORM I-864EZ AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT and the FORM W-2 WAGE AND TAX STATEMENT. I don't receive a W2. And from what I read, I wouldn't qualify to fill out the 1-864EZ (which is why I originally filled out the I-864...which was accepted).

I'm not sure what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I have that problem too. How did it go? Did you just ignore it like the other use told you to?

4 hours ago, SC97 said:

Hey I have that problem too. How did it go? Did you just ignore it like the other use told you to?

Hi! I uploaded the tax transcripts (which I hadn't done originally because I didn't have them - I had only uploaded the tax returns), and that was it! My son went to the interview, got the visa approved and we're back in the US waiting for the greencard to arrive in the mail.

I checked the CEAC site out of curiosity a couple of days ago and it still shows as "incomplete" under my documents.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
7 hours ago, mrfer said:

Hi! I uploaded the tax transcripts (which I hadn't done originally because I didn't have them - I had only uploaded the tax returns), and that was it! My son went to the interview, got the visa approved and we're back in the US waiting for the greencard to arrive in the mail.

I checked the CEAC site out of curiosity a couple of days ago and it still shows as "incomplete" under my documents.

Well I've already uploaded both the transcript and the tax returns. I guess I'll just pretend I never saw this problem? Probably a glitch/bug in their system. Congrats to your son! What questions did they ask him as my Visa category is also child of LPR? 

50 minutes ago, SC97 said:

Well I've already uploaded both the transcript and the tax returns. I guess I'll just pretend I never saw this problem? Probably a glitch/bug in their system. Congrats to your son! What questions did they ask him as my Visa category is also child of LPR? 

If you already have your interview letter, yes, don't worry. If the embassy needs anything else before the interview, they'll request it. In our case, we hadn't uploaded the police clearance paper (we were planning to bring it to the interview) and about a week before the interview they sent an email asking us to upload that (they said something along the lines of "there's no longer a 'package' you have to take with you to the port of entry - everything has to be uploaded to the ceac website so the officer at the port of entry can access it there."

The only question they asked him was how I had become a LPR. He said that my other son (who is a US citizen) had file a petition for me a few years ago. That was it!

Good luck to you guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.