P&G2019

Medical Doctor recommendation & advice (Bogota)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancé is scheduled for his interview on Fri, Jan 24th in Bogota, Colombia and I'm trying to figure out how to best book the medical appointment for him. The plan is for Monday to do the bloodwork and on Wednesday to see the doctor, however they responded stating they only have availability for the day after the lab work which is Tuesday. I asked if that will provide ample time for them to receive the results and they said to contact the laboratory. I've tried calling but no answer. My question is:

1. What doctor do you recommend in Bogota?

2. Is Tuesday cutting it close to see the doctor as Monday is the lab work or should we find a doctor that can accommodate us for Wednesday?

What do you recommend?

Thank you and I look forward to your recommendations.

2 hours ago, AtlanticOceanLove said:

Hello,

My fiancé is scheduled for his interview on Fri, Jan 24th in Bogota, Colombia and I'm trying to figure out how to best book the medical appointment for him. The plan is for Monday to do the bloodwork and on Wednesday to see the doctor, however they responded stating they only have availability for the day after the lab work which is Tuesday. I asked if that will provide ample time for them to receive the results and they said to contact the laboratory. I've tried calling but no answer. My question is:

1. What doctor do you recommend in Bogota?

2. Is Tuesday cutting it close to see the doctor as Monday is the lab work or should we find a doctor that can accommodate us for Wednesday?

What do you recommend?

Thank you and I look forward to your recommendations.

my wife have her interview on the 28th of January. she booked her medical appointment with doctor Jairo Roa, she gave them the date of the interview and Jairo Assistant named Karen set it up for friday the 24th,  lab work should be the day before which is Thursday. for the lab you dont need an appointment is walk in between 7am and 10am.

we explained to her that we are traveling from outside and that we were trying to not overstay. they responded back immediately with an email with all the info that im providing you.

Dr. Jairo Roa Buitrago

Cra. 7 # 119-14 Cons. 325 Centro Médico la Sabana

Tel: 6192055/44 - 2151763 - 2152970

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Khevinox said:

my wife have her interview on the 28th of January. she booked her medical appointment with doctor Jairo Roa, she gave them the date of the interview and Jairo Assistant named Karen set it up for friday the 24th,  lab work should be the day before which is Thursday. for the lab you dont need an appointment is walk in between 7am and 10am.

we explained to her that we are traveling from outside and that we were trying to not overstay. they responded back immediately with an email with all the info that im providing you.

Dr. Jairo Roa Buitrago

Cra. 7 # 119-14 Cons. 325 Centro Médico la Sabana

Tel: 6192055/44 - 2151763 - 2152970

Thank you for the information. I will go ahead and book with this doctor. Does it have to be the following day or can we allow a day in between? For example, bloodwork on Monday and medical on Wednesday?

it really doesnt matter, they recommend you to do blood-work at your earliest convenience. as for the general exam they will give you results a day before the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiance did her bloodwork Dec 9th (even tho it is walk in...and they open at 7am....I recommend going like at 5-6am.....she showed up at 730am....and the lobby was full and there was a line....she also said it seems like they have a cutoff.)  Her fingerprints was wed morning Dec 11th...and doctor visit same day at 3pm (lab sends the results to the doc....for US 2 days was enough time)....we chosed Dr. Mónica because she felt more comfortable getting undress with a woman. Interview was Dec.13th. She got the sealed results from the doctor in the same visit....she just waited like 2 hours.

Edited by Skpanda801

Timeline
7 hours ago, Skpanda801 said:

My fiance did her bloodwork Dec 9th (even tho it is walk in...and they open at 7am....I recommend going like at 5-6am.....she showed up at 730am....and the lobby was full and there was a line....she also said it seems like they have a cutoff.)  Her fingerprints was wed morning Dec 11th...and doctor visit same day at 3pm (lab sends the results to the doc....for US 2 days was enough time)....we chosed Dr. Mónica because she felt more comfortable getting undress with a woman. Interview was Dec.13th. She got the sealed results from the doctor in the same visit....she just waited like 2 hours.

Thank you! I'll let my Fiancé know about going early for the labs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 2:25 AM, Skpanda801 said:

So, does your fiance recomend Dr. Monica? I have read some bad reviews about her in this forum, thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, onlytoshare said:

So, does your fiance recomend Dr. Monica? I have read some bad reviews about her in this forum, thanks in advance.

Her experienced with her was really good. I also read bad reviews about her and I was worried. But it turned out really good for us......results in the same visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.