lambera

EAD expedite evidence faxed, 3 weeks and nothing.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

So I faxed over my job offer along with a cover letter on the 27th of November. I heard nothing for almost two weeks and decided to call and speak to a tier 2 officer for the second time since faxing. This time the officer said she would send a request over as to why nothing has happened yet. She told me to wait 5 days and call back if I heard nothing. I call back yesterday and speak to an officer who I could tell was just trying to get me off the phone. She told me that I just need to wait and the request can take up to 30 days before hearing anything back. She also stated she can not send another request. Looking at most peoples expedite timelines they do not wait as long as I have just for the evidence to be assigned to an officer. My job was supposed to start on the 16th of December. How long do I keep waiting ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What else did you send? Was this based on financial hardship?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 hours ago, lambera said:

So I faxed over my job offer along with a cover letter on the 27th of November. I heard nothing for almost two weeks and decided to call and speak to a tier 2 officer for the second time since faxing. This time the officer said she would send a request over as to why nothing has happened yet. She told me to wait 5 days and call back if I heard nothing. I call back yesterday and speak to an officer who I could tell was just trying to get me off the phone. She told me that I just need to wait and the request can take up to 30 days before hearing anything back. She also stated she can not send another request. Looking at most peoples expedite timelines they do not wait as long as I have just for the evidence to be assigned to an officer. My job was supposed to start on the 16th of December. How long do I keep waiting ? 

I faxed across my job offer and was notified on November 12th that it was received and it’s with an officer for review. It’s been 35 days without an update and I tried calling and was told it’s with an officer for review...

how did you get through to a tier 2 officer? 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Boiler said:

What else did you send? Was this based on financial hardship?

I sent my job offer and a cover letter with all the relevant reference numbers etc. The cover letter also explained my whole situation. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, PaulB7 said:

I faxed across my job offer and was notified on November 12th that it was received and it’s with an officer for review. It’s been 35 days without an update and I tried calling and was told it’s with an officer for review...

how did you get through to a tier 2 officer? 

At least you have been notified. I haven’t even been told it is with an officer. As far as I can see it hasn’t even been assigned to anyone. Just call the customer service number and ask to be transferred to a tier 2 officer. You’re  on a call back system which takes several hours usually. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It certainly used to be that the only way you knew you had been expedited was because something happened, now it seems some are notified, now are all? Unclear. exactly what happens now.

Expediting is obviously the way to go so I imagine they are seriously backed up.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So my case status updated on the 16th that it had been assigned to an officer and then on the same day they had sent a response. Turns out the letter they have sent says, the expedite is on hold basically until I send over a document regarding my I-485 RFIE. I even asked a Immigration officer is the RFIE would effect the expedite just after I sent over my job offer etc and I was told no. But it looks like it has, so now to get that sorted.

Edited by lambera

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.