Lone Wolf

NOA2 confused by USCIS about process

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just realized today the the birth year on the I-129f for my fiancee was wrong.

Called USCIS and they informed me they could not change it because it has already been approved on 11/29 and been forwarded to the embassy.

Told me I would have to contact the embassy to have the date changed.

This is where I get confused.....

I thought it went to NVC (wherever that is) and then sent to the embassy.

Is it the embassy I should try to contact or NVC?

Who I spoke to at USCIS seemed to indicate that it was being sent to the embassy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Lone Wolf said:

I just realized today the the birth year on the I-129f for my fiancee was wrong.

Called USCIS and they informed me they could not change it because it has already been approved on 11/29 and been forwarded to the embassy.

Who I spoke to at USCIS seemed to indicate that it was being sent to the embassy.

It is being sent to the embassy via NVC

NVC won't do anything.   Correct when it gets to the embassy 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It is being sent to the embassy via NVC

NVC won't do anything.   Correct when it gets to the embassy 

Where does that put it in the processing time. She seemed to indicate that it would just take a few days to get to the embassy.

But NOA2 is 11/29.

I see a graph (https://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical/)

That says NVC has about 26 days processing time.

Then I thought it was forwarded to the embassy.

Do I wait for a notice from NVC to know when to contact the embassy?

Edited by Lone Wolf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

The case file gets forwarded to NVC where it has the embassy case file #  is affixed and then the case file is forwarded to the embassy.   NVC doesn't process the K-1 beyond that.

It is not a big deal to have the typo on the I-129F .. correct the information when completing the DS-160 .. all will be fine.

In 3-4 weeks contact NVC by email to request your case file # , here is a link for do that    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html    Your fiancee will want the email reply from NVC for the medical at SLEC.

Here is a guide for the visa process :     https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Where does that put it in the processing time. She seemed to indicate that it would just take a few days to get to the embassy.

But NOA2 is 11/29.

I see a graph (https://www.visajourney.com/content/consulate-k1-historical/)

That says NVC has about 26 days processing time.

Then I thought it was forwarded to the embassy.

Do I wait for a notice from NVC to know when to contact the embassy?

Times vary but expect 30 days or so before NVC forwards.   If you contact NVC and provide them your email,  they will notify you the day it goes.   If it were me,  I would just correct it the day of the interview.  Make sure you Fill out the ds160 correctly 

YMMV

Timeline

Ok. Once NVC Forwards do we have to wait until something from the embassy is sent to her.

Or if I contact NVC and get the case number she can fill out the DS160 and set up an interview?

If I understand correctly we are about a month away to being able to submit the DS160, is that correct?

Edited by Lone Wolf

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ok. Once NVC Forwards do we have to wait until something from the embassy is sent to her.

Or if I contact NVC and get the case number she can fill out the DS160 and set up an interview?

If I understand correctly we are about a month away to being able to submit the DS160, is that correct?

Visit the Manila website for the 5 steps.   Applicant driven, you don't wait for the embassy 

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Manila website? Do you have a link, sorry I am confused as to what you are referring to.

Google us embassy Manila 

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Manila website? Do you have a link, sorry I am confused as to what you are referring to.

The case file gets forwarded to NVC where it has the embassy case file #  is affixed and then the case file is forwarded to the embassy.   NVC doesn't process the K-1 beyond that.

It is not a big deal to have the typo on the I-129F .. correct the information when completing the DS-160 .. all will be fine.

In 3-4 weeks contact NVC by email to request your case file # , here is a link for do that    https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc.html    Your fiancee will want the email reply from NVC for the medical at SLEC.

Here is a guide for the visa process :     https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html    <<< Links to the 5 Steps, links to completing the DS-160, links for the medical, links for CFO and more ..

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Also, does she have to fill out the DS160, or can I do that for her?

You can complete it for her, but by law she must submit it.    ;)  

Links to the DS-160 process with additional link to a DS-160 step-by-step

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Am I supposed to notify someone if she is not going to apply now?

Not for her sake but for yours.    You can email the consulate to rescind the petition 

YMMV

Timeline
6 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Am I supposed to notify someone if she is not going to apply now?

Email the embassy to notify.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.