Alex&Jen

US Travel Docs status changed, received from consular....

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

My husband mailed his medical exam to the Embassy on November 20th. His CEAC case still shows "AP", however when I looked on UStraveldocs his status changed from "being delivered to post" to "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery". 

Has this ever happened to anyone, when the CEAC status is still in "AP" but the passport tracker shows the passport being processed for delivery. 

Two things come to mind 

1) His visa has been approved, and is preparing for delivery...or

2) His visa has been denied and they are sending it back. 

Does it take a day or two for CEAC to update after Traveldocs has updated? 

Either way, CEAC shows still in "AP" and the other "Passport being processed for delivery".

If anyone has any experience with this, please help me. 

Thank you!!

Timeline

Reading others’ posts, it looks like CEAC lags 2-3 business days and if it’s saying it’s being processed, they’re putting the stamp on it.  Can’t guarantee anything, but that’s the general consensus.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  It sounds like you’re ok!

Edited by bakphx1

Timeline
10 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

Reading others’ posts, it looks like CEAC lags 2-3 business days and if it’s saying it’s being processed, they’re putting the stamp on it.  Can’t guarantee anything, but that’s the general consensus.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  It sounds like you’re ok!

I am guessing it sounds like things are good and my husband will get his Visa soon. I have heard the same thing about CEAC but then I have also read to go by that site for accurate information. I will let ya know as soon as he has it. 

Timeline
On 11/30/2019 at 12:27 AM, bakphx1 said:

Hey, I am really sad right . now because we have the confirmation of his passport being sent to him, however, on CEAC he is still in AP. From what I have read CEAC changes their update before the e-mail comes from UStraveldocs. People are telling me CEAC could be slow at updating, but I do not think it would be that slow. 

Just feel I need to prepare my heart and mind for him not coming home this Christmas. 😕 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Alex&Jen said:

Hey, I am really sad right . now because we have the confirmation of his passport being sent to him, however, on CEAC he is still in AP. From what I have read CEAC changes their update before the e-mail comes from UStraveldocs. People are telling me CEAC could be slow at updating, but I do not think it would be that slow. 

Just feel I need to prepare my heart and mind for him not coming home this Christmas. 😕 

Oh no!  I hope that the passport includes the visa but it would help if everything was in synch.  When is it due to arrive?

Timeline

At least there might be an explanation.

Good news/bad news, it may be for a current police clearance, which is a pain but can be fast.  Just a possibility.  I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

Timeline
7 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

At least there might be an explanation.

Good news/bad news, it may be for a current police clearance, which is a pain but can be fast.  Just a possibility.  I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

what is the police clearance? His passport is ready to be picked up today. He will find out today what the results are and we are so nervous. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 7:24 AM, Alex&Jen said:

what is the police clearance? His passport is ready to be picked up today. He will find out today what the results are and we are so nervous. 

update to this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WTH this post kept me in suspense. what happened  maybe he they got it and didn't remember  to update guess we will never know

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/3/2019 at 6:24 PM, Alex&Jen said:

Any upadates??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.