Jane Hat

F2B approved and in NVC

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am really confused. LPR requested child over 21 this year PD: January 2019. The I130 was approved in September and today we received the Welcome Letter with invoce numbers. I thought that type of visa is not current. ANy idea how does it work?

Once I paid and proceed with NVC, will the beneficiary be able to immigrate. or will have to wait until visa is current?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Jane Hat said:

ANy idea how does it work?

That is odd. I think they made a mistake

15 minutes ago, Jane Hat said:

nce I paid and proceed with NVC, will the beneficiary be able to immigrate. or will have to wait until visa is current?

The law says the visa cannot be issued until the PD is current and there is a visa number available. 

4 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

That is odd. I think they made a mistake

The law says the visa cannot be issued until the PD is current and there is a visa number available. 

I tried to pay fees, but it says my Visa is not current. That is okay, but I don't understand why I get an invoice number and so, if I can proceed. Is that normal?? 

Hi everyone 

Can someone throw a light into this situation for me.

I am a green card older and I now have my 18 months extension.

I filed a i-130 for my 17 year old daughter who is already been leaving with me in the US.

I got the approval but the file was sent to NVC

The NVC sent a case and invoice number .

I use to think if the beneficiary is already in the US, the case doesn’t have to go through the NVC.

What do you suggest I do or can anyone tell me what to do 

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.