Abbie and Rick

Processing time from NVC to Interview

3 posts in this topic

Hi Visa Journey friends,

Does someone know if the wait time from submitting documents to the NVC to the Interview has increased? I was told last year the average was 2-3 months, but when looking at the recent processing times it seems like this has increased? Perhaps because of current political events?

Any ideas/observations would be greatly appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Abbie and Rick said:

Hi Visa Journey friends,

Does someone know if the wait time from submitting documents to the NVC to the Interview has increased? I was told last year the average was 2-3 months, but when looking at the recent processing times it seems like this has increased? Perhaps because of current political events?

Just anecdotally, I believe it has increased.  We did a K-1, but last year at this time it was only one month from the date the NVC received our approved petition to my now-husband's interview in Auckland, and that could have been done sooner, but was delayed a week because he was working on the South Island.

However, last year's petitions were taking at least six months, and now they are taking about three.  So at least for K-1s, the overall start to finish timeline is about the same.

I think processing times, and the times for each phase of the processes just naturally fluctuate.  While I think other current issues involving immigration can be attributed to the political milieu, I don't believe workflow of service centers or NVC is one of them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Abbie and Rick said:

Hi Visa Journey friends,

I quote :  "Current case review time: As of 18-NOV-2019, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 1-OCT-2019."

so about a month and a half at NVC and then depending on the Embassy, ad another month or two. 

You can follow and get an estimate from here, they periodically update this info https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Edited by lady3jane
added link

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.