DreamThinkLive

Cell Phone Inside Jamaica  Embassy

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would like to know what others who have attended their interview at the Embassy in Jamaica did with their cell phones?

My concern is if i get dropped off by a taxi from the Hotel, will easily be able to catch another from the Embassy? 

I'm only worried that if i don't have my phone i will not be able to call anyone after.

Thanks for your help/advice!

28 minutes ago, VeganIslandBoy said:

Hi,

I would like to know what others who have attended their interview at the Embassy in Jamaica did with their cell phones?

My concern is if i get dropped off by a taxi from the Hotel, will easily be able to catch another from the Embassy? 

I'm only worried that if i don't have my phone i will not be able to call anyone after.

There is people out there who are willing to keep it for you but u would have to pay them like maybe 300 or 500 jmd then again who wants to leave there electronics with strangers but they will keep it for you

30 minutes ago, VeganIslandBoy said:

Hi,

And yes you can get taxi to go where ever you wanna go after there’s taxi always running right outside where exactly you going after? What parish?

Just now, Avdoholgirl said:

There is people out there who are willing to keep it for you but u would have to pay them like maybe 300 or 500 jmd then again who wants to leave there electronics with strangers but they will keep it for you

Yeah def. not happening unless i bring a regular cheap phone. :)

And yes you can get taxi to go where ever you wanna go after there’s taxi always running right outside where exactly you going after? What parish?

It will still be in Kingston. I'll be staying at a little boutique hotel called Spanish Court hotel.

1 minute ago, VeganIslandBoy said:

Yeah def. not happening unless i bring a regular cheap phone. :)

Exactly just get a cheap phone to put your sim in for the time your there just to be on the safe side

Just now, VeganIslandBoy said:

It will still be in Kingston. I'll be staying at a little boutique hotel called Spanish Court hotel.

Ok then you should be fine with a taxi Papine taxi runs every minute

36 minutes ago, VeganIslandBoy said:

Hi,

Anyways I’m gonna shift a little from your questions and ask you a question because I read this thread everyday but There’sjust a handful of Jamaicans on this thread anyways case are you interviewing for at the embassy

8 minutes ago, Avdoholgirl said:

Anyways I’m gonna shift a little from your questions and ask you a question because I read this thread everyday but There’sjust a handful of Jamaicans on this thread anyways case are you interviewing for at the embassy

Well' im not Jamaican but my father is :) I'm from Cayman. But ill be interviewing for my IR-1 visa. I believe that's the correct terminology :)

Edited by VeganIslandBoy

Oh ok it’s IR-5 for citizens of parents when did your dad got his case complete and interview date

Well i guess i was incorrect. I'm getting mine through my wife who is a resident. 

2 minutes ago, Avdoholgirl said:

I’m totally lost with everything you are saying

Ok. Just to be clear, i believe you asked what i was going to an interview for? If so, i'm going to interview for my US green card which i'm getting through my wife who is a US resident. Hopefully that makes sense :) 

Edited by VeganIslandBoy

1 minute ago, VeganIslandBoy said:

Ok. Just to be clear, i believe you asked what i was going to an interview for? If so, i'm going to interview for my US green card which i'm getting through my wife who is a US resident. Hopefully that makes sense :) 

Yes so I’m saying when was your case complete and when did you receive your interview notice

Yes so I’m saying when was your case complete and when did you receive your interview notice

I have not received the interview notice as yet. I just like to be informed so i'm gathering all the information i can get ahead of time. Sorry if you were looking for more information. My apologies :)

47 minutes ago, VeganIslandBoy said:

If your wife is an LPR, then your visa category is F2A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.