royalty

I-751 CASE TRANSFER

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello guys, I needed to ask a question and please feel free to give your inputs. I filed 1-751 petition jointly with my spouse to remove condition last year and we recently moved and I updated our address on USCIS website. Now we recieved a notice saying that our petition has been transferred to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over our case. Does anyone know why in particular cases are transferred?? Is it a good thing or there is something to worry about? Looking forward to your responses, thanks

25 minutes ago, royalty said:

Hello guys, I needed to ask a question and please feel free to give your inputs. I filed 1-751 petition jointly with my spouse to remove condition last year and we recently moved and I updated our address on USCIS website. Now we recieved a notice saying that our petition has been transferred to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over our case. Does anyone know why in particular cases are transferred?? Is it a good thing or there is something to worry about? Looking forward to your responses, thanks

It's normal to be transferred regardless of moving.

Check other months where people have filled to see where people have been transferred to 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

With all petitions, they will transfer to help balance workloads among offices. its normal.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Znzn2 said:

It's normal to be transferred regardless of moving.

Check other months where people have filled to see where people have been transferred to 

You don’t get transferred for ROC because of moving. This is just a workload transfer. 

1 hour ago, royalty said:

It looks like you want all possible scenarios so I am providing every scenarios that I am aware of

You changed your address so USCIS may have done following: 

1) Simply case transfer between each service center (perhaps the best case scenarios because it means there is nothing wrong with your case) 

2) You changed your address, but your spouse did not. Your spouse who sponsored you for I130/485 approval are required to report the address change to USCIS for I 865 so USCIS has the most current address on their ends, but if your spouse did not do, then USCIS might start to suspect that your marriage was falling apart, and therefore might assume that you and your spouse were separated, and therefore it would trigger USCIS to review your case more thoroughly. If this is the case, this means that transfer to another office message means that you will have in-person interview. 

3) Without anything of change of your address, your I 751 may not sufficiently indicate bona fide marriage materials, and therefore USCIS just decided to forward your case to local office or MSC in order to schedule in-person interview

If I were you, I would reach out to congress office and ask them where your I 751 file is located now. If it is transferred to either local office or MSC center, you can start to expect in-person interview, but if it's transferred to other service center, then it would be most likely transfer to balance off the work between each service center. 

And do not freak out. Even if it's transferred to local office or MSC for in-person interview, this might actually have your I751 approved earlier. There are many I 751 filers from Feb, March, Apr 2019 (not 2018),  who are starting to get their I 751 approval after in-person interview at local office. (Those are cases where their I 751 receipt numbers start as MSC)

2 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

You don’t get transferred for ROC because of moving. This is just a workload transfer. 

Hence why I said regardless of moving. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks a lot for detailed response. We didn't file I-865 form with I-751 petition to remove conditional residence. Only my spouse filed change of address form online because it wouldn't allow both our names. But we recently had an RFE which we submitted documents showing we both reside at same address. Also do you have the Congress office number or where can I get it? Looking forward to your response. Thanks

On 11/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, xillini said:

It looks like you want all possible scenarios so I am providing every scenarios that I am aware of

You changed your address so USCIS may have done following: 

1) Simply case transfer between each service center (perhaps the best case scenarios because it means there is nothing wrong with your case) 

2) You changed your address, but your spouse did not. Your spouse who sponsored you for I130/485 approval are required to report the address change to USCIS for I 865 so USCIS has the most current address on their ends, but if your spouse did not do, then USCIS might start to suspect that your marriage was falling apart, and therefore might assume that you and your spouse were separated, and therefore it would trigger USCIS to review your case more thoroughly. If this is the case, this means that transfer to another office message means that you will have in-person interview. 

3) Without anything of change of your address, your I 751 may not sufficiently indicate bona fide marriage materials, and therefore USCIS just decided to forward your case to local office or MSC in order to schedule in-person interview

If I were you, I would reach out to congress office and ask them where your I 751 file is located now. If it is transferred to either local office or MSC center, you can start to expect in-person interview, but if it's transferred to other service center, then it would be most likely transfer to balance off the work between each service center. 

And do not freak out. Even if it's transferred to local office or MSC for in-person interview, this might actually have your I751 approved earlier. There are many I 751 filers from Feb, March, Apr 2019 (not 2018),  who are starting to get their I 751 approval after in-person interview at local office. (Those are cases where their I 751 receipt numbers start as MSC)

Hi there,

Why does being transferred to MSC/local center = interview?

Are there cases that Get approved without going to local center?

What’s the base of 2019 Feb-Apr cases getting approved? Is there some kind of official news or trend?

Does this happen to certain geographic or offices only? Wasn’t expecting 2019 cases to be approved under 1-1.5 year, besides exceptions.

Thank!

Edited by fromthewater

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.