ibrahimfiz

Request for evidence VAWA

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Benin
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

I'm a male VAWA filer and I received a RFE for abuse. The letter is asking additional evidences such as Psychological evaluation, shelter, police report or my own statement. When I was filling in March 2018, my lawyer didn't advise me to do psychological evaluation and I didn't know either that I should have done it. I don't know if an evaluation will be relevant today as the abuse happened end of 2017 almost 2 and half years and I significantly improved comparing to 2017. 

So can I just re-write my statement and explain that I didn't know or advised to  to do the evaluation or should I just attempt to do an evaluation based on my current state. I'm afraid that the evaluation will not be that convincing as it's has been a while since the abuse occurred.

My lawyer is telling me to go get an evaluation but I just don't want to waste my time and money if it won't weight much.

I really need your help Assap.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, ibrahimfiz said:

Good morning everyone,

I'm a male VAWA filer and I received a RFE for abuse. The letter is asking additional evidences such as Psychological evaluation, shelter, police report or my own statement. When I was filling in March 2018, my lawyer didn't advise me to do psychological evaluation and I didn't know either that I should have done it. I don't know if an evaluation will be relevant today as the abuse happened end of 2017 almost 2 and half years and I significantly improved comparing to 2017. 

So can I just re-write my statement and explain that I didn't know or advised to  to do the evaluation or should I just attempt to do an evaluation based on my current state. I'm afraid that the evaluation will not be that convincing as it's has been a while since the abuse occurred.

My lawyer is telling me to go get an evaluation but I just don't want to waste my time and money if it won't weight much.

I really need your help Assap.

Thank you.

Psychiatric evaluation is a key to proof you are a victim of domestic abuse and emotional abuse. I am surprised why your attorney did not advice you to do so that is extremely sad. Also, psychological sessions would have been essential as well.

you can do it right now. Tell your psychiatric the abuse and how much you suffered if you developed depression. They will give you a right report and submit it. Also, affidavits from friends and family would be helpful if they saw any abuse. 

Timeline

Thank you Shroy123 so much for your advice. I will do as you suggested. I think a lot of lawyers don't really understand but they are not honest enough to say it when you approach them.

Thanks.

Timeline

Hello abey23 I submitted proof of marriage, my own statement, shelter letter ( but it seems that they requested it again and I don't know why), proof of good moral character, and two affidavits from friends. 

They didn't ask anything about the proof of marriage just additional evidence for the abuse.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/8/2019 at 12:29 PM, ibrahimfiz said:

Hello abey23 I submitted proof of marriage, my own statement, shelter letter ( but it seems that they requested it again and I don't know why), proof of good moral character, and two affidavits from friends. 

They didn't ask anything about the proof of marriage just additional evidence for the abuse.

what is the prove of good moral character? who gives it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.