slim

AOS Interview Complete

57 posts in this topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I those who us who fall into Administrative Processing, and espeically those who hang out there for a long time, would take issue with that statement, since those in AP/AR hear nothing at all.

Honestly, I don't understand why it is such a big deal waiting for approval at this point. If it is for

a K-1/K-3, sure. But at this point, you are already together, in the States, able to work, able to travel.

Does it really change anything? -- No.

AOS interviews for bona fide marriages do not get "denied". Worst case - they ask for mor information

and you send it. Absolute worst case (they suspect fraud), you get the third degree. Eventually

they realize there is no fraud and you are still fine (and this is very rare).

In the case of an AOS not bein approved (us), you just submit it again. We were the reason it wasn't

approved, not USCIS. You can keep doing this forever. The second time it was approved with all of 3

questions at the interview for us.

Agreed. That's what I told Elena, too. It's not like it really affects us. The only thing it really has any bearing on is whether or not we can return from Russia if we ever went back. Well, that and our vacation to the Seychelles.

Neither of which we have the money for, so once again.... it's a non-issue.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

And I have asked Elena a bunch of times if there is something she needs to tell me about our son? She just smiles and says of course not what would I have to tell. :whistle:

I had a buddy that drove himself crazy staring at the calendar and counting on his fingers. Maybe you really do need to go on Jerry. Or, maybe who cares about the math, just enjoy your new family. Congrats!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Went to the AOS interview this morning. Felt pretty prepared from all the great tips here on VJ and things went pretty well. When we were finished, the officer said she had some more paperwork to do on her end, and she'd submit our case for final approval. She said it looked like everything was in order for an approval and we'd know in a couple weeks. I asked if there was anything else we could do or any forms we needed to submit (I knew VJ didn't let me forget any forms!) and she said no, but they'd contact us if anything was needed. She added that there were several cases on her desk for that day so she couldn't complete ours right away, but would later today and then send it on.

So, I guess we're good? She didn't say it was denied or there would be anything that would cause problems, so I guess that's good. I was under the impression that they either approved or denied (or requested more info) on the spot. Maybe it's the new process or something? Not sure. Anyone have a similar experience?

And to all those preparing for upcoming interviews, don't sweat it too much. I didn't walk out with a "bad" feeling, just not satisfaction at instant approval. She said it should be approved, just couldn't be done right away.

The only things that really happened inside the interview were she asked my wife several questions (name, address, parents' names, and a few of the "are you a communist, druggie, terrorist, prostitute, criminal, etc. questions from the form) and then reviewed a few more documents from the packet. She asked about jobs (I'm at the same job, Elena just started work yesterday at a little restaurant up the street) and when we got married (I actually said the wrong date, if that doesn't prove it's a real relationship, I don't know what does!) if we have any kids, ex-spouses, other marriages, etc. Then she asked how we first met, how long we've been together, etc. The only "evidence" she requested was in relation to "anything changed since your submission, or anything you want to add to your file?" We gave a few photos from the wedding and a copy of our rental agreement and health/life insurance forms. She didn't actually ask to see anything specific, adding "I have everything I need here for approval, just need to do some more paperwork on my end, then forward it on for final approval."

So, update in a few weeks? I'll let you guys know how it went. Wish I had an "AOS APPROVED, Green Card on the Way!" post for you, but maybe in a few weeks we'll have it. Good luck to all of you!

Slim

Interview was very easy asked about our first meeting and has Anna met my family. We brought pictures of family Christmas St Pats party etc.

It was pretty straigh forward. She said we were approved and we showed tickets that Anna was flying back to Russia for a couple of weeks and the woman interviewer made copies of them and stamped Anna's passport. Green card arrived 11 days later. Are you checking status online?

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Are you checking status online?

No, I haven't been. Me, who's on the computer EVERY DAY for like 3 hours, I didn't check the USCIS website yet because I thought, "there's no way they'd get that updated just yet. We'll probably have to wait like two weeks just to see what's happening."

But, then I read this last post, and I said "I guess I could go ahead and check it, just to see if maybe it's been updated yet."

After numerous failed log-ins, and digging through all the old paperwork, (which, thankfully, is still all nice and neat in the AOS interview folder) I finally got through by just checking the AOS application number.

"Welcome letter mailed June 8th."

The interview was June 8th, I guess it was approved that day! This is where all the :dance: and some more :dance: come in, but since I'm married to a Russian girl, I won't celebrate just yet. "We must wait until we got it. We never make happy situation before we got it. If we do like this, maybe we mess up our final action and make bad luck and not good energy. After we got it, OK." (I'm secretly :dance: because now we're "done" with VJ for a minute. I'll still be here though.... I'm addicted to the Internet.)

Thanks for all the encouragement and support, VJ crew. To all those going soon... don't sweat it! VJ's got you prepared very well!

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The interview was June 8th, I guess it was approved that day! This is where all the :dance: and some more :dance: come in, but since I'm married to a Russian girl, I won't celebrate just yet. "We must wait until we got it. We never make happy situation before we got it. If we do like this, maybe we mess up our final action and make bad luck and not good energy. After we got it, OK." (I'm secretly :dance: because now we're "done" with VJ for a minute. I'll still be here though.... I'm addicted to the Internet.)

Congratulations. Almost 2 years of not worrying about this at all (or paying for any of it anymore, which is cool too...)

I'm here in Russia still, just as addicted to the internet. At least until the fireworks start in a few hours.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Grats! :dance: We got our green cards a few weeks ago. It's a relief to forget about USCIS. Other then that, nothing really changes :P I guess I am due for one of those update posts where I say what we have done and hope it helps other people, but I'm too lazy right now... maybe later.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

No, I haven't been. Me, who's on the computer EVERY DAY for like 3 hours, I didn't check the USCIS website yet because I thought, "there's no way they'd get that updated just yet. We'll probably have to wait like two weeks just to see what's happening."

But, then I read this last post, and I said "I guess I could go ahead and check it, just to see if maybe it's been updated yet."

After numerous failed log-ins, and digging through all the old paperwork, (which, thankfully, is still all nice and neat in the AOS interview folder) I finally got through by just checking the AOS application number.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support, VJ crew. To all those going soon... don't sweat it! VJ's got you prepared very well!

That's wonderful! My sincere congratulations!!! (F) Wish you best of luck and tons of happiness now that you are done with the first step.

But you can't leave VJ, slim! You have to spread your wisdom and knowledge! :yes:

But you can't leave VJ, slim! You have to spread your wisdom and knowledge! :yes:

I'm not going anywhere... my life would be nothing without VJ.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. (But save them till we get the card. Or, at least, tell my wife we're not happy just yet. After we get it, then we'll be happy!)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

I'm not going anywhere... my life would be nothing without VJ.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. (But save them till we get the card. Or, at least, tell my wife we're not happy just yet. After we get it, then we'll be happy!)

That's all good, don't sweat a thing! I am Russian and I am all about superstitions, black cats, fortune telling and stuff myself, but if they said it's approved and mailed it's done! You can't jinx American government even if you try very hard. You've got it! I reacted the same way when I got my note online about my case approval though... So it seems to be a normal reaction, but again, if it says you've got it it's as good as the card itself. Don't worry! Nothing drastically bad can happen at this point. So you can be happpyyyyy right away!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

I'll try to convince my wife, but I don't think she's going to buy it until that card is in her hand.

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congo Ratz!!! Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!

Welcome letter arrived yesterday afternoon. Approved was on there somewhere. Card should be here within three weeks, and we should be done messing with USCIS for the better part of two years! :dancing:

So, now it's back to "giving" advice instead of "asking" for it. Although, I'm sure I'll be on here again someday like "what the hell does 'Idi na #*!...' mean?" Or, maybe even a little "why do I keep getting in trouble for wearing my shoes in our house?" Or my personal favorite, "how can meat be good when left out on the counter over night?" There are many more.... but I'll save those for another thread. Actually, that could be a whole (VERY BIG) thread; Cultural Differences - What do you and your sweety do differently? Could be very helpful for those of us that haven't had the privelege of living with Russians before. Hmm!

Русский форум член.

Timeline
Welcome letter arrived yesterday afternoon. Approved was on there somewhere. Card should be here within three weeks, and we should be done messing with USCIS for the better part of two years! :dancing:

So, now it's back to "giving" advice instead of "asking" for it. Although, I'm sure I'll be on here again someday like "what the hell does 'Idi na #*!...' mean?" Or, maybe even a little "why do I keep getting in trouble for wearing my shoes in our house?" Or my personal favorite, "how can meat be good when left out on the counter over night?" There are many more.... but I'll save those for another thread. Actually, that could be a whole (VERY BIG) thread; Cultural Differences - What do you and your sweety do differently? Could be very helpful for those of us that haven't had the privelege of living with Russians before. Hmm!

Congrats again and you are right - such a cultural difference thread could be useful. Shoes in the house is a no-no! They are dirty, as simple as that! My personal nightmare - when my better half jumps in bed in same jeans and T-shirt he wore all day outside... I am "bed-training" him and some results are seen but it does happen sometimes and the Russian mommy-housekeeper side of me dies a little bit every time... So shoes off, please, sir!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Card should be here within three weeks, and we should be done messing with USCIS for the better part of two years!
Don't forget to tell her to stay out of the criminal justice system. Or you'll not only be in touch with USCIS, but also the United States Department of Justice - Executive Office for Immigration Review, or short for immigration court (i.e. removal proceedings)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.