HiSarahJayne

Almost time for interview!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

I'm just wanting to clarify a few things before our interview in a few weeks.

With the I-134, we are using a co sponsor. Am I correct in assuming both my fiancé and co-sponsor fill out separate forms and both provide documentary evidence. In addition, is the IRS tax transcript and documents from bank on deposits and date account opened enough?

I've noted the medical and interview both require ACCRO. Do we need two copies or is one ok?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, HiSarahJayne said:

Hello!

I'm just wanting to clarify a few things before our interview in a few weeks.

With the I-134, we are using a co sponsor. Am I correct in assuming both my fiancé and co-sponsor fill out separate forms and both provide documentary evidence. In addition, is the IRS tax transcript and documents from bank on deposits and date account opened enough?

I've noted the medical and interview both require ACCRO. Do we need two copies or is one ok?

Police report--The medical people just want to look at it to see if there are arrests involving drugs, alcohol...substance abuse. They give it back for you to take to the interview.  

I-134 - London has accepted an I-134 from only the one with the earnings on many, many occasions. So I would tend to say if your fiancé can't support you, they do not need one from the fiance. If you hand them two, they may keep both, but the public charge portion of the FAM does not say a form is specifically required of the US fiancé. They also allow the UK fiancé to self-sponsor (no I-134) if they have a good stash of cash savings. 

Proof of income in London- the 2018 tax transcript from the IRS should be sufficient for your sponsor. A second choice would be an employer letter or recent pay stubs. I don't see the point of the bank statements except for when there is no job so the sponsor is using cash savings instead of a steady salary. My opinion is based on 11 years of following interviews in London. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.