Chick

Waiting for iL JAMAICA

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 11:51 AM, Chick said:

I haven't  received  the visa package  yet.

Was told it would  be ready  within  2 weeks. Also we will get an email  from DHL.

Okay, hopefully you've got it by now! 

Another question: did you bring the original affidavit of support form to the interview or just a copy? The NVC website says a copy is acceptable at the interview, but my mom said someone told her they brought a copy and it was rejected at the interview...so their petitioner had to FedEx the original. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
38 minutes ago, here2stay said:

Okay, hopefully you've got it by now! 

Another question: did you bring the original affidavit of support form to the interview or just a copy? The NVC website says a copy is acceptable at the interview, but my mom said someone told her they brought a copy and it was rejected at the interview...so their petitioner had to FedEx the original. 

Still haven't  receive it as yet, visa status  remains  READY haven't  changes to ISSUE...🤷‍♂️

i had sent my husband  a copy  of the affidavit of support  form to take with him to  the interview  but he wasn't  ask for  any of the documents  that we had uploaded  to NVC.

But to be on the safe side  take a copy.

Timeline

Oh wow, best wishes that it comes soon! I'm sure you all are hoping to be together for holidays 

Okay, I definitely planned to email her a copy, but wasnt sure if the original was required. Thanks!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, here2stay said:

Oh wow, best wishes that it comes soon! I'm sure you all are hoping to be together for holidays 

Okay, I definitely planned to email her a copy, but wasnt sure if the original was required. Thanks!!

You are welcome! 

We are all so waiting  to be together  for the holidays..

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/8/2019 at 10:41 PM, Chick said:

Received  my IL on 10/24/19 for 

Interview  date 11/7/19

2  weeks  to prepare  for the interview  date. 

It went well! 

My hubby  was asked 5 questions.

Then he was approved. 

Now  waiting  on his package..

Was told if would  be  ready  in 2 weeks.

Hope you get your IL soon! 

Good luck!

Congrats!!!! :dance:

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, here2stay said:

Hi, did your husband receive his passport/visa?

Hi! No we are still waiting. We had uploaded  the w2 form that was needed on the same day of the interview and the case staus is still  showing  READY.... I had email  the embassy  5 days ago  and was told that the case  is in administrative review. 

So i guess we are on the waiting  list AGAIN!! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ 

40 minutes ago, Chick said:

Hi! No we are still waiting. We had uploaded  the w2 form that was needed on the same day of the interview and the case staus is still  showing  READY.... I had email  the embassy  5 days ago  and was told that the case  is in administrative review. 

Wow that’s long been a mo th since your interview and no package as yet wow

Timeline
1 minute ago, Avdoholgirl said:

Girl I thought your hubby was with you already I hope u get your package soon I’m still in limbo for a interview it’s been a month for me

I wish for that so much... the journey  is so nerve  rocking! .....

You should  be hearing from  them soon,

for interview  next  month..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chick said:

35 minutes ago, Chick said:

Hopefully  pretty soon!

Wow, this journey is so long, crazy and frustrating. And most of it is just our stuff sitting on a desk or in a computer file waiting to be looked at. Smh.

Definitely hoping it'll be soon for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.