rizvisyed923

Need Help on Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have two questions: The first question is that I received a NVC message for my marriage certificate saying "Pakistan requires more than one marriage document. Please delete any Pakistan marriage certificates and submit all of required documents together at the same time". I'm not understanding what they are asking on this message? and Also I submitted my marriage certificate and nikkah namma and they still sent me this message what should I do in this case? 

Second question: They sent me another message saying "please replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority". We submitted my wife's birth certificate that was from the correct issuing authority so why did I get this message? and what should I do? 

Thank you! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Marriage Certificates

Available

Fees: Fees vary.

Document Name: For U.S. immigration purposes, Pakistani Muslim applicants must present both an original, signed Nikah Nama (with its English translation) and a NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate. Note that while both documents reflect similar information, each on its own does not constitute sufficient proof of marriage.

Christians, Hindus, Ahmadis, and other applicants considered to be non-Muslim must present only a marriage certificate issued by their respective religious authority (i.e. a church or temple), since Union Councils do not uniformly issue NADRA certificates to these groups.

Citizens of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Afghans living in Pakistan must also only present a marriage certificate issued by religious authorities, as Union Councils do not issue NADRA certificates to these groups.

Issuing Authority: Union Councils register Nikah Nama documents for Pakistani Muslim citizens and issue subsequent NADRA marriage certificates.  Marriage certificates for Ahmadis, Christians, Hindus, Parsis, and other non-Muslim citizens are issued by their respective sectarian registration authority (i.e. church or temple), (Note: Some Union Councils have begun issuing NADRA marriage certificates to Hindus and Christians, though this process has not yet been standardized. As a result, such NADRA certificates are not required for non-Muslim applicants, per the above.)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: This varies by location and religion.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: For Muslim applicants registering a Nikah Nama, the Secretary of the local Union Council and the Nikah Registrar constitute the appropriate authorities.

For non-Muslim applicants, priests or other religious leaders are considered appropriate issuing authorities.  

Registration Criteria: For Muslim applicants, the marriage registrar signs and stamps each original Nikah Nama, submitting the first copy to the local Union Council and providing the second and third copies to the bride and groom. The registrar keeps the fourth copy. In theory, the Nikah Registrar should register the marriage within two months, but this does not always occur. Upon registration, the Union Council issues a NADRA marriage certificate.

While there are penal consequences for not registering one’s marriage with the appropriate authorities, a signed Nikah Nama alone still constitutes a valid marriage under Pakistani law, according to the MFLO. For immigration purposes, however, the Nikah must be registered with and a NADRA marriage certificate issued by the Union Council.

Ahmadi, Christian, Hindu, and Parsi marriage certificates are issued by church or temple leaders and are not generally registered with the local Union Council).

Procedure for Obtaining: Muslim applicants can obtain and Urdu-language Nikah Nama from the Nikah Registrar. Ahmadis, Christians, Hindus, and other non-Muslim applicants can obtain marriage certificates from their local religious authorities.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available.

Alternate Documents: No alternate documents are available or accepted.

Exceptions: 

Comments: Both the Nikah Nama and NADRA marriage certificate are required for a Muslim marriage to be considered valid for U.S. immigration purposes. 

Is the above what you sent?

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees: The fees vary by location.

Document Name: Birth certificate, Child Registration Certificate

Issuing Authority: Birth certificates issued by local Union Councils, Municipal Corporations, the Office of the Cantonment Board, or the CDA are acceptable, as are Family Registration Certificates (FRC) issued by NADRA.  In larger cities, such as Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi etc., Municipal Corporation-issued birth certificates prior to 2001 are also acceptable.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: This varies by location.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title.

Registration Criteria: Births are to be registered with the Union Council within two months.

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants must visit their local Union Council, fill out a form, and provide identification. The process for late registration is more complex, requiring two affidavits to be submitted to the concerning authority (the municipal corporation or small claims court, depending on the length of time after birth).  The concerning authority then issues a letter to the Union Council authorizing the late entry. Once this process has been completed, the applicants may visit the Union Council to register.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available.

Alternate Documents: In lieu of a birth certificate, Pakistanis often use Child Registration Certificates or Family Registration Certificates (FRC), which list all family members and document each member’s relationship to the other.

Exceptions: None

Comments: Birth records are inconsistent because most people only request one when required for a specific reason. Late-registered births are thus quite common.  In cases when the date of birth is in issue (such as age-limited immigrant visa classes), other contemporaneous documents such as school records are often reviewed. Birth certificates can be in either English or Urdu with English translation.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.