CarolynSian

Income at Greencard Interview

3 posts in this topic

My husband and I have our greencard interview coming up in the next few months, and we were wondering if they ask about income? When we applied I didn’t have my EAD so income was just my husband’s, but now we both work. I was wondering in terms of meeting 125% of the poverty guidelines, is it both of our incomes or just what my husband makes?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you filed a complete AOS application, and the petitioner demonstrated adequate resources on the I-864, the topic should not come up at your AOS interview at the Tukwila field office.

Suggest that you get a shoe box or cabinet drawer and start putting anything that relates to commingling of assets/resources, joint wills, joint agreements, joint bank account statements, joint utility bills, joint mortgage statements, holiday cards received, etc. When the time comes to start filing for your ROC, you should already have a good start on the "marital bonafides" evidence that you will need to be successful at the ROC process. See the ROC forum, for a more thorough list of the types of evidence you should retain. Don't let this exercise get in the way of your enjoying of your time away from USCIS nonsense. You have earned the break!

Good luck on your immigration journey. 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.