Joseph V

Last question I hope, Please help.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone just 2 quick questions before I print everything.
1- My fiancee only has to sign the letter of intent right?
2- Address for USCIS should be the P.O Box even if the type of mail package i use is receipt request / delivery confirmation ?

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.  Yes your fiancee needs to have a Letter of Intent to marry and sign it.

2.  Address options are listed on the USICS webpage for the I-129f.   USPS has a separate address from FEDEX, UPS, DHL type delivery.

why do you need signature for receipt?  :unsure:      Priority Mail has delivery confirmation.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

1.  Yes your fiancee needs to have a Letter of Intent to marry and sign it.

2.  Address options are listed on the USICS webpage for the I-129f.   USPS has a separate address from FEDEX, UPS, DHL type delivery.

why do you need signature for receipt?  :unsure:      Priority Mail has delivery confirmation.

Because I thought I was smart and printed the forms with the physical address instead of the PO Box, but im just going to change it to the PO Box.
Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello again.

Mailing the package this friday. woot woot.

As im double checking i came to a couple of concerns,

My current cover letter has the following

• Payment in the amo.....
  • i-129F
  • Us citizen's naturalization certificate (petitioner)
  • One passport-type photo (Petitioner and Beneficiary)
  • Letter certifying intent to marry ( Petitioner and Beneficiary)
    Proof of having met in person in the past two years
  • G-1145

Now my questions are.

Should I add another line to the cover letter and name it "Proof of ongoing relationship",

also do I need a title sheet for each item for exp. "Boarding pass from X to X" "Hotel reservation"  and such?
Ps. On the I-129F on the Part 1 section 16.b My employment status is Present but on my pdf program it only allowed numbers, is it ok to handwrite Present? or should i use another program to override the numbers and being able to use letters?

Thanks

Edited by Joseph V

Timeline
5 hours ago, Joseph V said:

Should I add another line to the cover letter and name it "Proof of ongoing relationship",

Are you going to include Evidence of On-Going Bona Fide Relationship aside from Evidence of In-Person Meeting? If so, and if it would make your I-129F Petition packet easier to navigate, I think that you should. By the way, frontloading is optional for the U.S. Embassy in Manila; unless your case has a lot of red flags.

also do I need a title sheet for each item for exp. "Boarding pass from X to X" "Hotel reservation"  and such?

If it would make your I-129F Petition packet easier to navigate, yes. If it would just point out the obvious, no. My fiancé and I listed the evidence that we were sending on the Cover Letter and then we organized our packet following our pseudo table of contents.

i.e.

Cover Letter

1. Evidence of In-Person Meeting
  • Passport Stamps
  • Boarding Passes
  • ...etc.

Ps. On the I-129F on the Part 1 section 16.b My employment status is Present but on my pdf program it only allowed numbers, is it ok to handwrite Present? or should i use another program to override the numbers and being able to use letters?

Thanks

Just handwrite it.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, Joseph V said:

Hello again.

Mailing the package this friday. woot woot.

As im double checking i came to a couple of concerns,

My current cover letter has the following

• Payment in the amo.....
  • i-129F
  • Us citizen's naturalization certificate (petitioner)
  • One passport-type photo (Petitioner and Beneficiary)
  • Letter certifying intent to marry ( Petitioner and Beneficiary)
    Proof of having met in person in the past two years
  • G-1145

Now my questions are.

Should I add another line to the cover letter and name it "Proof of ongoing relationship",   :no:  

Thanks

USCIS does NOT care about "ongoing relationship" .. the only "relationship" evidence you need for the I-129F is of having met in person within 2 years of filing the petition.

You could put the hire date and the date when you filed the I-129F .. don't need the wording  "present".

Side comment.   Could you update your profile to show Philippines?   Seeing Columbia throws things off 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.