lmllm

Naturalization re-interview

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I am worried, I've completed my N400 (Military application) interview two weeks ago, and today I got a notice from USCIS says i need to go in fora  re-interview in two weeks, no other reason was given. The interview two weeks ago went super smooth, I was in there for 15 mins tops, passed all the languages and history test, and both reading and writing test, at the end the IO gave me recommended for approval on my result sheet. Then today I got this, I want to ask is there anyone who has the similar experience? and what should I expect in the re-interview and what to prepare? Anything is appreciated, Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is re-interview letter different from first interview  letter?  Did you sign all the paper work during first interview?  Did IO go through your application during first interview?

Hi dilip, thank you for the reply, the notice they sent me yesterday was look the same as the first one, although they did specifically said it is a re-interview, other then that no other comment or reasons given. The IO went through my n400 and then took the history and civil test and that was it, he even said I should be expecting oath letter in two weeks, instead of getting that I got this reinterview letter. 

Timeline
On 10/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, lmllm said:

Hi dilip, thank you for the reply, the notice they sent me yesterday was look the same as the first one, although they did specifically said it is a re-interview, other then that no other comment or reasons given. The IO went through my n400 and then took the history and civil test and that was it, he even said I should be expecting oath letter in two weeks, instead of getting that I got this reinterview letter. 

The standard process is that IO after interview recommend the approval and his supervisor has to approve it and most of the cases , supervisor accept IO's recommendation.  May be they need some kind of in-person clarification from you, I will stay optimistic and go for the interview again. 

49 minutes ago, dilip said:

The standard process is that IO after interview recommend the approval and his supervisor has to approve it and most of the cases , supervisor accept IO's recommendation.  May be they need some kind of in-person clarification from you, I will stay optimistic and go for the interview again. 

Thank you again, do you think if I call the hotline and ask, will they tell me what it is that they want to see me for? because I want to be prepared when I go again. 

Did you answer above, did you sign that you understand/would take the oath of allegiance etc? Wondering if there was a procedural oversight that requires you to be there in person.

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Did you answer above, did you sign that you understand/would take the oath of allegiance etc? Wondering if there was a procedural oversight that requires you to be there in person.

Hi Susie QQQ, thank you for your reply, I did all that, I was in there only like 10-15mins. I don’t know what could possibly go wrong at this point. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, lmllm said:

Thank you again, do you think if I call the hotline and ask, will they tell me what it is that they want to see me for? because I want to be prepared when I go again. 

You may call and talk , but I doubt they would  be able to provide any information.  You application is Military based.  Is your background or Military records are clean, since they will check your military background.  Did you separate from Military or still working for Military?

Just now, dilip said:

You may call and talk , but I doubt they would  be able to provide any information.  You application is Military based.  Is your background or Military records are clean, since they will check your military background.  Did you separate from Military or still working for Military?

Yes, I am still serving in the military (honorably), and I am sure they have all my files, I guess my question is during supervisory review, what do they look at? do they still conducting more background checks? or just simply reviewing what happened in my initial interview? Thank you. 

1 hour ago, lmllm said:

Hi Susie QQQ, thank you for your reply, I did all that, I was in there only like 10-15mins. I don’t know what could possibly go wrong at this point. 

Really? My interview took at least 30 minutes. I have no idea what is normal, though, and I think my interviewing officer was fairly new at it.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, lmllm said:

Yes, I am still serving in the military (honorably), and I am sure they have all my files, I guess my question is during supervisory review, what do they look at? do they still conducting more background checks? or just simply reviewing what happened in my initial interview? Thank you. 

I have no knowledge of supervisory review process, but supervisor can request more check on your N-400 and also if the IO officer who interviewed your , if not thoroughly knowledgeable about Military applications, they might be assigning someone for another interview ( My guess).  However, since everything in your N-400 is fine as IO said during your first interview and you are serving in the military honorably, I will just go for second interview with all the paper work ( original).    Our country has highest respect for military personal and you will be fine. 

14 minutes ago, dilip said:

I have no knowledge of supervisory review process, but supervisor can request more check on your N-400 and also if the IO officer who interviewed your , if not thoroughly knowledgeable about Military applications, they might be assigning someone for another interview ( My guess).  However, since everything in your N-400 is fine as IO said during your first interview and you are serving in the military honorably, I will just go for second interview with all the paper work ( original).    Our country has highest respect for military personal and you will be fine. 

Thank you for that, it is a small relief for me, I will wait and see what is going on, thank you again. 

43 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Really? My interview took at least 30 minutes. I have no idea what is normal, though, and I think my interviewing officer was fairly new at it.

Yes, I was actually did not expect that fast. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.