OrkunS

USCIS Entered Wrong Date of Birth to Their System, Need Help!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have a quick question for y'all

I had my fingerprint appointment today at my local ASC. The lady who was taking care of my fingerprints told me that my date of birth on the system was not matching with my actual date of birth. Looks like it had been entered to their system wrongly. Luckily, I had a copy of my I-751 application and looks like they were the ones who put the wrong date of birth. 

Anyways, the same person at ASC told me to call USCIS  in order to fix it which I did and USCIS agent asked me to put an e-request through their website. 

My question is do you think this is going to be enough to fix that error? I really don't rely on USCIS and I don't want to deal with the same problem over and over again either. So what could be the best solution for this little issue here? Should I mail the USCIS Service Center as well you think? 

And lastly, so USCIS call center can't fix that kind of problem over the phone at all? Should I believe in that? Or Should I call them again ask for supervisor? 

Thanks!

On 10/11/2019 at 3:04 PM, OrkunS said:

I have a quick question for y'all

I had my fingerprint appointment today at my local ASC. The lady who was taking care of my fingerprints told me that my date of birth on the system was not matching with my actual date of birth. Looks like it had been entered to their system wrongly. Luckily, I had a copy of my I-751 application and looks like they were the ones who put the wrong date of birth. 

Anyways, the same person at ASC told me to call USCIS  in order to fix it which I did and USCIS agent asked me to put an e-request through their website. 

My question is do you think this is going to be enough to fix that error? I really don't rely on USCIS and I don't want to deal with the same problem over and over again either. So what could be the best solution for this little issue here? Should I mail the USCIS Service Center as well you think? 

And lastly, so USCIS call center can't fix that kind of problem over the phone at all? Should I believe in that? Or Should I call them again ask for supervisor? 

Thanks!

The e-request makes sense to me. Because date of birth is a core identifying feature, I imagine only someone senior (director level) can make that change to your profile. I had a similar issue (with my date of admission to the US), and it took referral to a Service Center director to have that fixed. There will come a time, most likely when you are seeking naturalization, that this issue will have to be resolved. It would do you some good to show that you have made formal attempts to fix the error.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.