Catchy

Reason why an approved I140 petition will be reopened the next day and over 3 months, no further communication on decision of Uscis

7 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My name is Kate, my I140 petition was filed on the 7th of June, 2019. It was a regular filing, 5 weeks later, I got approval notice...on the 16th of July  and on the 17th of July, a reopening notice followed. It's almost 3months now and no communication has been gotten from USCIS. Please how can I go about this? Has anyone had similar challenge, how were you able to resolve it? 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Catchy said:

My name is Kate, my I140 petition was filed on the 7th of June, 2019. It was a regular filing, 5 weeks later, I got approval notice...on the 16th of July  and on the 17th of July, a reopening notice followed. It's almost 3months now and no communication has been gotten from USCIS. Please how can I go about this? Has anyone had similar challenge, how were you able to resolve it? 

What service center is your petition at? 5 weeks without premium seems like its incorrect. Texas should 3.5 - 6 months for regular processing of EB2s. Maybe the petition accidentally got approved somehow and was reopened due to an accidental approval? Not sure but just making a guess. While you can reach out, the inquiry date for Texas is April 11, and Nebraska is March 12, just to keep that in mind.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, designguy said:

What service center is your petition at? 5 weeks without premium seems like its incorrect. Texas should 3.5 - 6 months for regular processing of EB2s. Maybe the petition accidentally got approved somehow and was reopened due to an accidental approval? Not sure but just making a guess. While you can reach out, the inquiry date for Texas is April 11, and Nebraska is March 12, just to keep that in mind.

Oh, okay. It's with Texas office. I've seen people get approval with regular filing at 5weeks plus some days, 2months etc. 

I really need advice on what next I should do. My attorney from my agency is reluctant too to call Uscis 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Catchy said:

really need advice on what next I should do. My attorney from my agency is reluctant too to call Uscis 

There is not much you can do at this point because its not technically "your" petition, its your employer's. When you call USCIS, generally only the employer or a representative of the employer will be able to ask get info. Seeing as you are still well within the normal processing time, you should breathe and wait it out a bit more!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, designguy said:

There is not much you can do at this point because its not technically "your" petition, its your employer's. When you call USCIS, generally only the employer or a representative of the employer will be able to ask get info. Seeing as you are still well within the normal processing time, you should breathe and wait it out a bit more!

Okay. 

Thank you. Will want anyone who might know any reason why an approved petition will be reopened the next day and no revocation notice nor any form of communication has been sent for almost 3months now since the approval/reopening.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Catchy said:

Okay. 

Thank you. Will want anyone who might know any reason why an approved petition will be reopened the next day and no revocation notice nor any form of communication has been sent for almost 3months now since the approval/reopening.

If you are a Non-NIW EB2 then you can premium process and get an answer pretty quickly. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, designguy said:

If you are a Non-NIW EB2 then you can premium process and get an answer pretty quickly. 

Okay, 

Thank you. Have suggested this to my agency before now but the agency attorney objected to it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.