SunflowerHoneybee

RFIE, short work history, co-sponsors required??

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good afternoon!

We've filed out AOS and received an RFIE. I am the primary sponsor (the wife) and my husband is from AU.

The past 1-3 years I have not met the 125% of the poverty level and as such acquired a co-sponsor (a long time friend who met and barely exceeded the 125% as of filing). Due to updates on the poverty level amounts for 2019, his income was $300 short for 2018 to cover the household size. (His income from 2017 was WELL above the 125%) The RFIE states that he doesn't make enough and we needed to prove that I do or obtain another co-sponsor.

It also mentions that the co-sponsor needs to be a US citizen and he is and we provided a copy of his birth certificate. Why are they asking for proof if we already sent that with the packet? 

Also, we moved back to my home town and I resumed the job I had (for 2 years from 2015-2017) when I moved away one and a half years ago. I am now a manager here (and they are incredibly keen on keeping me there with regular pay raises). I am now making above the 125% but that's only as of June this year. As of posting this that gives me 4 months of paystubs that I could send them for the RFIE (which started me at one payrate and shows at least 2 increases since then as my boss realized I'm still reliable and more than ready to make her life and business easier! hah)

Do you think this will be enough? Should we still gather the additional evidence for our cosponsor (his husband is willing to fill out an i-864a to combine their incomes and put them well over the 125%)?

What is your advice in this situation? We're stressed out and worried about the future. 💔

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SunflowerHoneybee said:

Good afternoon!

We've filed out AOS and received an RFIE. I am the primary sponsor (the wife) and my husband is from AU.

The past 1-3 years I have not met the 125% of the poverty level and as such acquired a co-sponsor (a long time friend who met and barely exceeded the 125% as of filing). Due to updates on the poverty level amounts for 2019, his income was $300 short for 2018 to cover the household size. (His income from 2017 was WELL above the 125%) The RFIE states that he doesn't make enough and we needed to prove that I do or obtain another co-sponsor.

It also mentions that the co-sponsor needs to be a US citizen and he is and we provided a copy of his birth certificate. Why are they asking for proof if we already sent that with the packet? 

Also, we moved back to my home town and I resumed the job I had (for 2 years from 2015-2017) when I moved away one and a half years ago. I am now a manager here (and they are incredibly keen on keeping me there with regular pay raises). I am now making above the 125% but that's only as of June this year. As of posting this that gives me 4 months of paystubs that I could send them for the RFIE (which started me at one payrate and shows at least 2 increases since then as my boss realized I'm still reliable and more than ready to make her life and business easier! hah)

Do you think this will be enough? Should we still gather the additional evidence for our cosponsor (his husband is willing to fill out an i-864a to combine their incomes and put them well over the 125%)?

What is your advice in this situation? We're stressed out and worried about the future. 💔

I would do both. The IO will determine at interview if you meet the requirements or not. By having the joint sponsor already in place you will avoid delay if you are still

determined as under the required level  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.