rshalkovsky

How to fill out i-131 part 3, 4???

9 posts in this topic

Hey, guys!

Please help to fill out part 3 and 4 in i-131 form!

Is it necessary  to write: 

Date of intended departure

length of trip

and purpose of trip (at part 4)?

I don't know this info yet, but I need to leave USA when my AOS is in process.

I have receive  EAD already.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, rshalkovsky said:

Hey, guys!

length of trip

We never filled in those details, only put a short statement in the Purpose Of Travel section as to what was intent of travel

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, rshalkovsky said:

Hey, guys!

length of trip

Do what a lot of people do. Follow the VJ Example I-131 Form: https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf , and be sure to read and heed the statement near the bottom of page 2 of Form I-131:

If you are applying for a non-DACA related Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7; DACA recipients must complete Part 4 before skipping to Part 7.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-131 , Form I-131

It greatly simplifies filling out that form.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

18 hours ago, Hank_ said:

We never filled in those details, only put a short statement in the Purpose Of Travel section as to what was intent of travel

Thanks a lot!

As far as I understand, Advance parole is available 2 years. So, I can travel several times in different countries by this form?

I can use it not only in emergency, but in any case, correct?

Edited by rshalkovsky

5 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Do what a lot of people do. Follow the VJ Example I-131 Form: https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf , and be sure to read and heed the statement near the bottom of page 2 of Form I-131:

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-131 , Form I-131

It greatly simplifies filling out that form.

Thank you!!!

20 hours ago, rshalkovsky said:

Hey, guys!

length of trip

We made a mistake and didn't fill out form I-131, when we applied for EAD.

We need to pay fee or not, if we will add notice I - 797 (EAD) that we have receive?

If I want to travel with my child (7 years old) , it must be separate form I-131 for him? 

Edited by rshalkovsky

Timeline
4 minutes ago, rshalkovsky said:

We made a mistake and didn't fill out form I-131, when we applied for EAD.

We need to pay fee or not, if we will add notice I - 797 (EAD) that we have receive?

No fee for either I-131 or I-765 if filed after submission of I-485, just include a copy of the I-485 I-797C NOA1 receipt with your application(s), as noted below:

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you are filing Form I-485 and pay the required fee (or already filed Form I-485 and paid the required fee on or after July 30, 2007), you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document for advance parole. You may file these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence that you filed a Form I-485.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 , Special Instructions tab

Timeline
2 minutes ago, minion89 said:

It's easy to understand, detailed and meticulous! I had a lot of posts. After seeing this article from you! I find it interesting, your article gave me a new perspective! I have many other posts on the same topic, but your article convinced me!

vex 3  

Glad that it helped you make your decision. :thumbs: In light of the current prolonged processing times of all USCIS applications, and in spite of the fact that EAD and AP application times are also prolonged, it still makes sense to concurrently file for AOS/EAD/AP (I-485/I-765/I-131). It's a deal; after messing with the other "dense" forms associated with AOS, the EAD/AP forms are a snap, and you never know what the future may bring...you may need to get home quickly to see an ailing relative, you may want to seek employment, or get a State ID/DL (local restrictions may apply). Those cards give you some options.

21 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Glad that it helped you make your decision. :thumbs: In light of the current prolonged processing times of all USCIS applications, and in spite of the fact that EAD and AP application times are also prolonged, it still makes sense to concurrently file for AOS/EAD/AP (I-485/I-765/I-131). It's a deal; after messing with the other "dense" forms associated with AOS, the EAD/AP forms are a snap, and you never know what the future may bring...you may need to get home quickly to see an ailing relative, you may want to seek employment, or get a State ID/DL (local restrictions may apply). Those cards give you some options.

thanks a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.