Rainbowdrank

Questions about I29F

2 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi, we are attempting to fill out the I29F and have a few questions about it, hoping some of you can help!  We tried searching to see if we could find the answers but didn't have a lot of luck.

1.  Part 1 - Question 27/32 Parent Information  (Petitioner) -- Do we put his mother's current last name, maiden name, or the name she had when she gave birth to him?  We assume current name but aren't sure.

2.  Part 2 - Question 16 - Beneficiary Employment Info -- The beneficiary is currently self-employed as a subcontractor.  Do we put the name of the company she subcontracts through, or do we only put her info here as she is technically self-employed but only has a contract with 1 party to whom she provides services?

3.  Part 2 Question 38 - Other info about the beneficiary -- Question 37 asks if they are currently in the US, which they are not so we said "No".  The instructions for question 38 seem to be a bit conflicting, hence our confusion here.  If she is not in the US right now, do we just leave this section blank? Or do we have to put the date when she was last in the US even though she isn't there now?

4.  If the petitioner is planning on using his passport for the ID and it expires in 2022, is that acceptable? Or does it need to have 5 years left on it before it expires?

5.  The additional information section -- The petitioner has lived in multiple states since being 18 years old.  Just wondering how exactly we list these on the additional information sheet?  Can we do it like the picture I attached (minus the scribbles!), or would we have to write TX on 3d. then United States on 4d.  then FL on 5d and United States on 6d....or would we do 3d.  TX, United States.  4d.  FL, United States, 5d.  IL, United States?  Or do we do it some other way entirely?

6.  Last question pertains to the question "Have you ever filed a Form I-I29F for any other beneficiary?"   The problem here is that he has no idea.  When he was overseas in the military he did get married and the military took care of doing all the paperwork etc.  This was 25+ years ago.  His spouse at the time came back to the US with him and then went on to become a US citizen.  They remained married for 20 years after coming back to the US.  He doesn't know if an I29F was involved at all with that process, so we aren't totally sure how to answer this question.  Any suggestions?  Would it be appropriate to say "No" to that question but perhaps add a separate sheet of paper stating similar to what we just wrote? 

Any help is appreciated because we are starting to overthink and frustrate ourselves even more LOL.

pic1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rainbowdrank said:

Hi, we are attempting to fill out the I29F and have a few questions about it, hoping some of you can help!  We tried searching to see if we could find the answers but didn't have a lot of luck.

1.  Part 1 - Question 27/32 Parent Information  (Petitioner) -- Do we put his mother's current last name, maiden name, or the name she had when she gave birth to him?  We assume current name but aren't sure.

2.  Part 2 - Question 16 - Beneficiary Employment Info -- The beneficiary is currently self-employed as a subcontractor.  Do we put the name of the company she subcontracts through, or do we only put her info here as she is technically self-employed but only has a contract with 1 party to whom she provides services?

3.  Part 2 Question 38 - Other info about the beneficiary -- Question 37 asks if they are currently in the US, which they are not so we said "No".  The instructions for question 38 seem to be a bit conflicting, hence our confusion here.  If she is not in the US right now, do we just leave this section blank? Or do we have to put the date when she was last in the US even though she isn't there now?

4.  If the petitioner is planning on using his passport for the ID and it expires in 2022, is that acceptable? Or does it need to have 5 years left on it before it expires?

5.  The additional information section -- The petitioner has lived in multiple states since being 18 years old.  Just wondering how exactly we list these on the additional information sheet?  Can we do it like the picture I attached (minus the scribbles!), or would we have to write TX on 3d. then United States on 4d.  then FL on 5d and United States on 6d....or would we do 3d.  TX, United States.  4d.  FL, United States, 5d.  IL, United States?  Or do we do it some other way entirely?

6.  Last question pertains to the question "Have you ever filed a Form I-I29F for any other beneficiary?"   The problem here is that he has no idea.  When he was overseas in the military he did get married and the military took care of doing all the paperwork etc.  This was 25+ years ago.  His spouse at the time came back to the US with him and then went on to become a US citizen.  They remained married for 20 years after coming back to the US.  He doesn't know if an I29F was involved at all with that process, so we aren't totally sure how to answer this question.  Any suggestions?  Would it be appropriate to say "No" to that question but perhaps add a separate sheet of paper stating similar to what we just wrote? 

Any help is appreciated because we are starting to overthink and frustrate ourselves even more LOL.

pic1.jpg

Good morning,

1. We put Petitioner's mother's maiden name;

2. In our case, Petitioner is self- employed, so we put company's full name and info he works for, and Petitioner's occupation as it is.

3. For example, I am beneficiary, I have been to the USA before, that's why i answered "yes", to q37. But as I am not in the U.S. now, I put N/A for 38a-38h

For other questions, hope someone else who knows better, can answer.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.