Fogi

I-134 What is needed

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Instructions for filling out the form says they only want a statement from the bank and statement from employer with job information. On this forum, and others, people are saying to include pay slips, tax returns, W2s, etc. etc. For the i-129 F I followed their instructions rather than the forums. I figured USCIS doesn't want 100s of pages of BS when passport stamps and a few photos would suffice. It was approved.

Has anyone submitted exactly what they ask for on the I-134 and been approved? No extra? I am thinking of submitting documents from bank about checking/savings, letter from employers, stock/bond info, and life insurance information only. I don;t see how a tax return, pay slips, or W2 would assist in approval if a letter from my employer indicates I've worked their for X years and make X amount a year with a statement from my bank indicating that same X was deposited in the last year. 

Anyone have thoughts on this?

From the I-134 instructions:

Supporting Evidence As the sponsor, you must show you have sufficient income or financial resources to assure that the foreign national you are sponsoring will not become a public charge while in the United States. Evidence should consist of copies of any of the documents listed below that apply to your situation. Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income or financial resources may result in the denial of the foreign national’s application for a visa or his or her removal from the United States. Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate: A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account: (1) Date account opened; (2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and (3) Present balance. B. Statement(s) from your employer on business stationery showing: (1) Date and nature of employment; (2) Salary paid; and (3) Whether the position is temporary or permanent. C. If self-employed: (1) Copy of last income tax return filed; or (2) Report of commercial rating concern. D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not submitting to the uscis you are submitting to the consulate 

I sent ONLY my 2018 tax return to Manila and it was accepted.   

A majority of the time Manila doesn't even ask for the i134.  Just have it in your back pocket 

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I've read the same thing about them not asking for it. I don't want a mountain of paper work out there. Letters from appropriate institutions, W2s, and life insurance should suffice. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Fogi said:

Thanks for the reply. I've read the same thing about them not asking for it. I don't want a mountain of paper work out there. Letters from appropriate institutions, W2s, and life insurance should suffice. 

I'll reduce it even more.   Skip the insurance info 

YMMV

Timeline
14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I'll reduce it even more.   Skip the insurance info 

I have a fairly large policy and my fiance is the beneficiary. I included it, passport stamps, and 4 pictures as proof of relationship for the i-129F. So I'm think that if they ask during the interview she can show it as proof of relationship or financial fitness. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.