Horty

Juarez K1 AP

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance had her interview Friday Sept 20th and received a 221G for AP but no additional  docs or proof needed. Asking and surfing the web found that it's a normal process. Would love to know if your are in the same situation, or if you have been through the same in the past that would share your story and or status. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Horty said:

Mi prometido tuvo su entrevista el viernes 20 de septiembre y recibió un 221G para AP, pero no se necesitan documentos ni pruebas adicionales. Preguntar y navegar por la web descubrió que es un proceso normal. Me encantaría saber si estás en la misma situación, o si has pasado por lo mismo en el pasado que compartiría tu historia o estado. 

I don't know if this can help you

https://www.thoughtco.com/que-es-el-procedimiento-administrativo-221-g-en-solicitud-de-visas-1965354

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ANYS said:

Thanks, yes it's pretty much the same info I've researched. I'm looking for stories of people who have received their 221G and what was the outcome, how long did it take, what consulate and so on. I know it's a waiting game and nothing can be done other than so. Wishing everyone good luck on their process.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Horty said:

Gracias, sí, es casi la misma información que he investigado. Estoy buscando historias de personas que hayan recibido su 221G y cuál fue el resultado, cuánto tiempo tardó, qué consulado, etc. Sé que es un juego de espera y no se puede hacer nada más que eso. Deseando a todos buena suerte en su proceso.

don't worry the wait will be long but everything will be fine, don't lose faith soon you and your partner will be together

Timeline
On 9/25/2019 at 6:44 PM, Horty said:

Thanks, yes it's pretty much the same info I've researched. I'm looking for stories of people who have received their 221G and what was the outcome, how long did it take, what consulate and so on. I know it's a waiting game and nothing can be done other than so. Wishing everyone good luck on their process.

Did you try posting this in the main forum? I did see one (not Juarez) where it only took a few weeks longer. It's possible they just needed to do more background checks. Please keep us updated on your case!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, fayrog said:

Did you try posting this in the main forum? I did see one (not Juarez) where it only took a few weeks longer. It's possible they just needed to do more background checks. Please keep us updated on your case!

Hi there, donyou mean the main forum as in K1 Visa forum? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So today the case is still in AP but the case was last updated todays date on the CEAC site. At least they are looking at it. Hope to get that email next week. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HI, 

my husband is in the exact same situation since the 17th of September..... they kept his passport and tourist Visa, and still in AP.  

He was given a 221g slip, but no additional docs requested.... So desperating not knowing whats going on and how long will it take. 

did you find any other experiences like this lately and how long is this lasting? 

thank you, hope this is resolved soon 

Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 5:50 PM, RRuizgom said:

HI, 

my husband is in the exact same situation since the 17th of September..... they kept his passport and tourist Visa, and still in AP.  

He was given a 221g slip, but no additional docs requested.... So desperating not knowing whats going on and how long will it take. 

did you find any other experiences like this lately and how long is this lasting? 

thank you, hope this is resolved soon 

Well we seem to have good news, case updated on Thursday the 17th, then again on the 18th and last yesterday 21st. My Fiance called today and they told her they sent out the DHL letter to send in her passport. So she did today, it will get to Juarez tomorrow and we will see what happens. The good thing is they only asked for her passport so that's a good sign that it will be issued very soon. Fingers crossed.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Horty said:

Well we seem to have good news, case updated on Thursday the 17th, then again on the 18th and last yesterday 21st. My Fiance called today and they told her they sent out the DHL letter to send in her passport. So she did today, it will get to Juarez tomorrow and we will see what happens. The good thing is they only asked for her passport so that's a good sign that it will be issued very soon. Fingers crossed.

So glad for you guys. 
we are still waiting ... 😞

Timeline

Today the steps moved incredibly fast from AP to received to issued in matter of hours. Now just waiting for them to mail it. @Greenbaumonce again thank you for all your help and advice throughout this process. Two main things to remember mileage may vary and lotsand lots of patience. Happiest day if this process so far. @RRuizgom best of luck to you guys, your time is coming soon. 

Screenshot_20191025-172831_Chrome.jpg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Horty said:

Today the steps moved incredibly fast from AP to received to issued in matter of hours. Now just waiting for them to mail it. @Greenbaumonce again thank you for all your help and advice throughout this process. Two main things to remember mileage may vary and lotsand lots of patience. Happiest day if this process so far. @RRuizgom best of luck to you guys, your time is coming soon. 

Yay! This is exciting. Our visa arrived 5 business days after it changed to issued. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Horty said:

Screenshot_20191025-172831_Chrome.jpg

Wow! That was finally quick!! Congratulations!! 🎊🎉🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.