bandito

Questions about Vaccinations

8 posts in this topic

Hi, sorry if similar posts have already been made here, I just have some questions regarding my vaccination records.

According the the UK Embassy website the vaccinations I should have are:

• DTP (diptheria, tetanus and pertussis) (which I received as a child but have not received a booster for since age 4 in 2004 (however diptheria and tetanus were included in the Tdap vaccination I received in 2015))
  • Tdap (tetanus, diptheria and polio) (which I received age 15 in 2015)
  • IPV (inactivated polio vaccine) (which I received as a child but have not received a booster for since age 4 in 2004 (however polio was incuded in the Tdap vaccination I receieved in 2015))
  • Rotavirus (which I have not received, however only appears to be necessary for 6 week to 8 month olds)
  • Hib (which I have received but have not received a booster of since age 4 in 2004)
  • Hepatitis A (which I received age 14 in 2014)
  • Hepatitis B (which I have not received, however only appears to be necessary for under 18s)
  • Meningococcal (MCV4) (which I received as child and given a 'Meningitis ACW & Y' vaccination age 16 (does that qualify as a booster?))
  • Varicella (which I have not received but I have had chickenpox as a child (if I recall correctly this means that the vaccination is not necessary?))
  • Pneumococcal (which I have not received, however only appears to be necessary for 2 to 59 month olds and 65+ year olds)
  • Influenza (which I have not received)

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning to discuss my medical history including my vaccination records, and I would like to know exactly which vaccinations I need to schedule before my medical at Knightsbridge (not yet booked). I know I will need the flu vaccination but am unsure on others, mainly Rotavirus, Hep B, Varicella and Pneumococcal as they seem to be age/circumstance dependant. I also don't know if I need a Hib booster since my last one was in 2004, and a Meningococcal booster as I had a Meningitis vaccination just 3 years ago. 

I will of course consult my doctor tomorrow, I would just like to have an idea of what will be necessary prior to my appointment so that I can explain to her and schedule the vaccinations that I'll need. Any guidance and advice on which ones I should be thinking about scheduling?

Thanks

vaccine_chart.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
  • DTP (diptheria, tetanus and pertussis) (which I received as a child but have not received a booster for since age 4 in 2004 (however diptheria and tetanus were included in the Tdap vaccination I received in 2015)) 
  • Tdap (tetanus, diptheria and polio) (which I received age 15 in 2015) DONE. These are the same thing. One is child version. One is adult. Key is having one in the last 10 years. You have.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Varicella (which I have not received but I have had chickenpox as a child (if I recall correctly this means that the vaccination is not necessary?)) DONE. Don't need the shot. It is waived.
  •  
  • Influenza (which I have not received) If the medical is Oct 1 or later, you need a new flu shot. That is the start of flu season for immigration immunisations. Your GP probably won't give it to you. Try Boots or one of the clinics in grocery stores.
  • MMR. Two in your life.Have you got a record of two?

Everything else is not age appropriate and is not needed. 4 shots for adults. 

Edited by Wuozopo

2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:
  • DTP (diptheria, tetanus and pertussis) (which I received as a child but have not received a booster for since age 4 in 2004 (however diptheria and tetanus were included in the Tdap vaccination I received in 2015)) 
  • Tdap (tetanus, diptheria and polio) (which I received age 15 in 2015) DONE. These are the same thing. One is child version. One is adult. Key is having one in the last 10 years. You have.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Varicella (which I have not received but I have had chickenpox as a child (if I recall correctly this means that the vaccination is not necessary?)) DONE. Don't need the shot. It is waived.
  •  
  • Influenza (which I have not received) If the medical is Oct 1 or later, you need a new flu shot. That is the start of flu season for immigration immunisations.
  • MMR. Two in you life.

Eveverything else is not age appropriate and is not needed. 4 shots for adults. 

Thanks! Not sure why I forgot to mention MMR in my original post. I got 4 MMR vaccinations, the latest being in 2004. So that's definitely okay and I don't need a booster? Also I'm not sure what you mean by '4 shots for adults'. Would that be the ones you listed minus the MMR?

In answer to your question I am currently 19.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 minutes ago, bandito said:

Thanks! Not sure why I forgot to mention MMR in my original post. I got 4 MMR vaccinations, the latest being in 2004. So that's definitely okay and I don't need a booster? Also I'm not sure what you mean by '4 shots for adults'. Would that be the ones you listed minus the MMR?

In answer to your question I am currently 19.

Four adult shots to address off that long list. You don't have to prove any of the others or play catch up. 

MMR

Tdap or Td

Varicella

Flu

If you were still 18, there would be 2 more from the long list.

No booster for MMR.

Get a flu shot. 

Edited by Wuozopo

13 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Four adult shots to address off that long list. You don't have to prove any of the others or play catch up. 

MMR

Tdap or Td

Varicella

Flu

If you were still 18, there would be 2 more from the long list.

No booster for MMR.

Get a flu shot. 

Thank you! I'll try to schedule my flu shot asap then!

Out of curiosity do you know if the medical summary and vaccination records need to be signed by my doctor? I need a written letter with a signature detailing my past mental health issues, but I assume the medical summary and vaccinations do not need to be signed as they are simply printed documents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, bandito said:

Thank you! I'll try to schedule my flu shot asap then!

Out of curiosity do you know if the medical summary and vaccination records need to be signed by my doctor? I need a written letter with a signature detailing my past mental health issues, but I assume the medical summary and vaccinations do not need to be signed as they are simply printed documents. 

The Vaccination record and medical summary do not need to be signed. I just requested them from my Surgery and they printed it out - some may give you an online login where you can access your general medical records to print out as well. 

Make sure you stress the need to get your signed letter regarding mental health issues, my surgery dragged a bit on this one. 

32 minutes ago, ChibiBeckyG said:

The Vaccination record and medical summary do not need to be signed. I just requested them from my Surgery and they printed it out - some may give you an online login where you can access your general medical records to print out as well. 

Make sure you stress the need to get your signed letter regarding mental health issues, my surgery dragged a bit on this one. 

Thank you! I’m going to discuss the signed letter with my GP tomorrow, I hope all goes well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.