Freyja10

Divorced filing i-751, should i mention about abuse

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, Freyja10 said:

i am worried now. would it effect my case..

No it will not affect your case. If they deem it irrelevant they will just ignore it

On 9/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, azblk said:

The government does not care why you divorced. All they care about is the marriage was bona fide and was entered in good faith. So no

This is not right. They will care if your false or your spouse's false. If you ran away after getting something, that's problem.

Timeline
3 hours ago, kumua said:

This is not right. They will care if your false or your spouse's false. If you ran away after getting something, that's problem.

You need to read and understand. The is nothing in the law that says "you cant run away after getting something" or you have to stay married for a certain time. It seems you are confusing "right" with legal, those are two different things. I suggest you take the time to read the sections of INA that talk about immediate relatives of USC.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:48 AM, Freyja10 said:

i am filing for it, should i write a letter about why we got separated and the abuse. I am just filing for the divorce waiver without the cruelty option. Help pls. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, azblk said:

The government does not care why you divorced. All they care about is the marriage was bona fide and was entered in good faith. So no

30 minutes ago, azblk said:

You need to read and understand. The is nothing in the law that says "you cant run away after getting something" or you have to stay married for a certain time. It seems you are confusing "right" with legal, those are two different things. I suggest you take the time to read the sections of INA that talk about immediate relatives of USC.

He said separated and the abuse. You are the person who need read and understand. The government does not care why you divorced they don't ask ref and interview. 

If you are immigrant and did cheat on your spouse or do violation then divorce' even at beginning you came with good faith marriage. I wonder they will care your divorce's reason???!!!

Edited by kumua

Timeline
12 minutes ago, kumua said:

He said separated and the abuse. You are the person who need read and understand. The government does not care why you divorced they don't ask ref and interview. 

If you are immigrant and did cheat on your spouse or do violation then divorce' even at beginning you came with good faith marriage. I wonder they will care your divorce's reason???!!!

Like I said before there is NO law against cheating or infidelity. You can argue as much as you want but NO one has ever been deported for cheating, infidelity is NOT the same as fraud. Anyway the OP got the advice they needed and there is no need to bicker about morals here.

7 hours ago, kumua said:

7 hours ago, azblk said:

Like I said before there is NO law against cheating or infidelity. You can argue as much as you want but NO one has ever been deported for cheating, infidelity is NOT the same as fraud. Anyway the OP got the advice they needed and there is no need to bicker about morals here.

thank you, i didn't cheat on him btw. I am "she". I was threatened with my immigration status and my life when i don't do what he asks from me and threatened with burning the house down (which is i bought with my settlement money from car accident, he didn't work) if we get divorce so i was in a desperate situation and i didn't make enough money to leave. no need to go into details. i have restraining order on him with lots of proof. i just didn't want to file with abuse option because i didn't want to complicate it. i thought i have enough proof to prove that i got into this relationship with good intentions.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Freyja10 said:

thank you, i didn't cheat on him btw. I am "she". I was threatened with my immigration status and my life when i don't do what he asks from me and threatened with burning the house down (which is i bought with my settlement money from car accident, he didn't work) if we get divorce so i was in a desperate situation and i didn't make enough money to leave. no need to go into details. i have restraining order on him with lots of proof. i just didn't want to file with abuse option because i didn't want to complicate it. i thought i have enough proof to prove that i got into this relationship with good intentions.  

That is all that matters you will be ok. 

3 hours ago, Freyja10 said:

thank you! you really relieved me. I just got message from uscis that they received my application and they pulled $680 from the bank. yay!

Good luck for everything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.