adamj7

USPS can't validate my new address

2 posts in this topic

Hi VJ, I've recently (as in today) moved home into a new apartment - I have gone through the USCIS change of address web form and it won't let complete the change of address as it says that USPS found multiple entries for my address and won't let me changes anything.  Anyone else have this problem? I think I'm left with two options:

1) File the AR-11 form via post (does anyone foresee any difficulties with this? It doesn't ask for any info for the cases I have pending like it does on the online form)

2) File online and use my work address as my mailing address? Will this be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

K1 NOA1: 2018-01-26

K1 NOA2: 2018-08-06

NVC received: 2018-09-04

K1 Interview: 2018-11-14

K1 Visa in hand: 2018-11-22

POE: 2018-12-13

SSN application: 2019-01-08

Marriage: 2019-01-18 (the best bit!)

SSN in hand: 2019-01-28

AOS application: 2019-01-31

EAD application: 2019-01-31

AP application: 2019-01-31

AOS NOA1: 2019-02-14 

EAD NOA1: 2019-02-14

AP NOA1: 2019-02-14

BIOMETRICS: 2019-03-04

AOS Interview: 2020-02-06

AOS approved: 2020-02-06

Green Card in Hand: 2020-02-20

ROC packet sent: 2021-12-08

ROC Biometrics: 2022-01-29

Filed: Timeline

You can mail the ar-11.

It seems you are entering your new address incorrectly. You may want to check with the local post office to find out what the error is. (USCIS uses a program that checks if the address is valid with USPS. Since its a computer system entering things like lane instead of Ln or if the town is St Martin - theres a certain way it has to be typed in._)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.