Jacasill

Updated info after interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband had his interview on September 3rd. He came out with a blue paper indicating that the embassy needed mine and my brothers (he co-sponsored) taxes from last year and an updated signed affidavit. We had it shipped to the embassy and it was received on Monday, September, 9th. They told my husband that it takes at least 4 business days to be put into the system. My question is we’ve followed the instructions on the paper, but we don’t know how long it’ll take to process as well as what my husband has to do next. When they gave him the paper they also returned him his passport, which if approved they don’t return to you until you receive your visa to allow you to enter the country. Does anyone know what the next steps are? because when he goes to the consulate they’re a**holes and tell him to follow the instructions on the paper they gave us, which we did. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jacasill said:

My husband had his interview on September 3rd. He came out with a blue paper indicating that the embassy needed mine and my brothers (he co-sponsored) taxes from last year and an updated signed affidavit. We had it shipped to the embassy and it was received on Monday, September, 9th. They told my husband that it takes at least 4 business days to be put into the system. My question is we’ve followed the instructions on the paper, but we don’t know how long it’ll take to process as well as what my husband has to do next. When they gave him the paper they also returned him his passport, which if approved they don’t return to you until you receive your visa to allow you to enter the country. Does anyone know what the next steps are? because when he goes to the consulate they’re a**holes and tell him to follow the instructions on the paper they gave us, which we did. 

You followed the instructions and there is nothing more you can do. If the Consular Officer wants to approve the visa they will request the passport be sent to the embassy to affix the visa. It can be a few days or a few months for administrative processing, but mostly depends on the consulates work load or additional security checks. Since they only requested I-864's I wouldn't worry too much if you have adequate income, they will email or call to request delivery of his passport for the visa.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, JoyFl said:

Please follow me up on this. I’m in the same situation 

So our additional information was delivered by the 9th. We didn’t get updates on anything and the consulate website didn’t update until the 19th with an email saying there’s paperwork at the DHL there in Juarez waiting for my husband. This was them now requesting my husbands passport. He had to wait the following day to get it because it was closed by the time we were notified. He got there and had to mail his passport (because they wouldn’t let him walk it down the street to the consulate where it was being sent to) which arrived Monday the 23rd. I went to the visa website to check my husbands case status on the 23rd and 24th, the visa website was not working, I then checked Wednesday the 25th and the status changed from Administrative processing to Issued and explained the visa had been printed and being shipped, We didn’t get any other updates until his visa arrived yesterday the 27th that his passport was ready for pick up. They don’t update or email a tracking number until it’s already been delivered, which is super frustrating. You just have to keep checking the consulate and visa website if you want and inkling of information on your paperwork status. let me know how your process goes.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

How long was it between case complete to your husband getting his appointment letter. We are also waiting for an appointment at the Mexico embassy 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
37 minutes ago, JoyFl said:

Our cc was on October 2nd 2018, and our appointment was on July 30th 2019. So approximately 9months 

Which means you received the letter in June? I know that the appointment is a month after you receive the letter. I just want to know how long from cc to letter which was about 8 months for you. Did you expedite at all? 

32 minutes ago, Dalila Gonzalez said:

Which means you received the letter in June? I know that the appointment is a month after you receive the letter. I just want to know how long from cc to letter which was about 8 months for you. Did you expedite at all? 

Yes I received a letter on June 22nd and no we did not expedite our process 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.