Ninna

PLEASE ADVISE

6 posts in this topic

So my hubby had his n400 interview on July 23. He was recommended for approval and and we were just waiting for his oath ceremony. A month later we received a notice of continuance for him to sign and date a copy of the oath of allegiance. (My hubby has a tendency to have an unreadable signature he just kinda signs it quick, I’m guessing they wanted a more clear signature)) Anyway it was 3 papers long. The first paper was the cover letter with the bar code and instructions. The second paper was the oath of allegiance. And the third paper was just the sign and date part. My husband signed and dated it. I sent the cover letter and the last paper that was signed and didn’t realize that I was suppose to send back all 3. The whole thing. So I intercepted the papers and there was a problem with the intercept and the papers were bouncing back and forth and there was a possibility that we were not gonna get them back. We called and spoke to a tier 2 officer and they put in a request for our field office to resend us another copy of the continuance. I asked the tier 2 if we received our missing papers can we go ahead and send those? And she said “sure! That’s fine! Anyway we finally got our missing papers back the very next day after speaking to tier 2. So now we are ready to send in our complete continuance first thing Monday morning express mail with tracking. So with that being said, now that we received our missing papers and all is well, should we call and speak to a tier 2 again and cancel our request for a second copy??? Or should we just send it and it will get processed and they will not send us a second copy??? PLEASE ADVISE!! Thankyou for taking the time to read! Someone please give me their opinions and experiences!?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You already sent the proper documentation and you did the right thing to send my express mail with tracking.  If they send the second copy, just keep it with you and do not send it.  After few days, just call Tire 2 officer and confirm that  USCIS received your letter and it went to your fine.   I am very hopeful that after they received your paper work, they will schedule oath ceremony.

Thanks  dilip! Tier 2 officer could not even see rfe in the system. That’s why she sent a request for the field office to resend the notice. So u don’t think I should call Monday morning and see if they can cancel that request for second copy?? Hopefully he gets the oath ceremony notice soon! I feel like we are so close. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ninna said:

Thanks  dilip! Tier 2 officer could not even see rfe in the system. That’s why she sent a request for the field office to resend the notice. So u don’t think I should call Monday morning and see if they can cancel that request for second copy?? Hopefully he gets the oath ceremony notice soon! I feel like we are so close. 

Then no need to call, call around Friday to get any status update.  However, I am very hopeful that your application is fine , USCIS can’t schedule the oath without those signed documents.  Once the will receive it, you will get update under review & then you will get oath letter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 12:09 PM, dilip said:

Then no need to call, call around Friday to get any status update.  However, I am very hopeful that your application is fine , USCIS can’t schedule the oath without those signed documents.  Once the will receive it, you will get update under review & then you will get oath letter.

Hi dilip! U were right! One week after they received the documents my husband was scheduled for oath! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.