Edward Becnel

No I-693 But Medical Exam and Vaccinations Were Done

5 posts in this topic

My wife and son had a medical examination and vaccinations in the Philippines at St. Luke's Medical Center as part of the K1 Visa process. St. Luke's gave my wife (then fiance), copies of the vaccination records, however, they didn't give her an I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. Was that form included in her sealed visa packet that she received from the US Embassy? She gave the sealed visa packet to US customs at her port of entry. So, my question is, do we need to submit the I-693 for her and her son for her I-485 Adjustment of Status? And if so, where do I get it?

21 minutes ago, Edward Becnel said:

My wife and son had a medical examination and vaccinations in the Philippines at St. Luke's Medical Center as part of the K1 Visa process. St. Luke's gave my wife (then fiance), copies of the vaccination records, however, they didn't give her an I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. Was that form included in her sealed visa packet that she received from the US Embassy? She gave the sealed visa packet to US customs at her port of entry. So, my question is, do we need to submit the I-693 for her and her son for her I-485 Adjustment of Status? And if so, where do I get it?

I believe we only need to submit the DS-3025 Vaccination reports (which we do have). However, I am uncertain if I need to submit the original copies my wife was given or photocopies.

Following is an excerpt from I-693 instructions document regarding this:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?
Form I-693 Instructions 07/15/19 Page 8 of 12
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year
of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the
vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as
part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination
Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.
of Form I-693.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Edward Becnel said:

I believe we only need to submit the DS-3025 Vaccination reports (which we do have). However, I am uncertain if I need to submit the original copies my wife was given or photocopies.

Following is an excerpt from I-693 instructions document regarding this:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?
Form I-693 Instructions 07/15/19 Page 8 of 12
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year
of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the
vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as
part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination
Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.
of Form I-693.

A careful read of the instructions will inform that all evidence submitted to the uscis is legible photocopies of original or certified copies unless an original is SPECIFICALLY requested 

YMMV

Submit a photocopy of the DS-3025, keep the original for your own files. You do not need an I-693 form.

They already have all the original documents -including results from the medical examination- in the packet your fiancée surrendered at entry. 

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Submit a photocopy of the DS-3025, keep the original for your own files. You do not need an I-693 form.

They already have all the original documents -including results from the medical examination- in the packet your fiancée surrendered at entry. 

Thank you! That makes it clear.

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

A careful read of the instructions will inform that all evidence submitted to the uscis is legible photocopies of original or certified copies unless an original is SPECIFICALLY requested 

Thank you so much for your answer and for answering my other questions as well!

Edited by Edward Becnel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.