luna1321

Reschedule Oath Ceremony in another state

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently relocated to another state and as soon as I moved to my new apartment I submitted USCIS request to change the address. Unfortunately, timing was very bad and somehow despite of update of the address they scheduled my Oath back in the old state.

In a week lol. In Philadelphia! Of course, I can't attend :(

How do I reschedule? It seems that they have sent original notice to the correct address in Montana (I never received it yet but I can see in my online profile). Should I wait for original document to arrive and send it back to Philadelphia? Or can I just send the PDF from online system? 

Please advice.

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 8.56.33 AM.png

Edited by luna1321

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

At Adil's naturalization ceremony,  3 people did not show

The immigration officer made a motion before the court to reschedule these 

I would make sure they know of the change of address by wirting to both the court address In  phily and to USCIS

20 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

At Adil's naturalization ceremony,  3 people did not show

The immigration officer made a motion before the court to reschedule these 

I would make sure they know of the change of address by wirting to both the court address In  phily and to USCIS

why to court? I didn't change the name and as far as I understand my ceremony is not supposed to be in the court but just USCIS office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

there is still a judge who does the Oath

that is why i said court / in this case the judge is the court even at an immigration office

the judge will have a motion to reschedule  the oath (by the immigration officer in charge) and you don't want it done there

In the USA a county judge can hold court in a county clerk office

it is still called court

just another american thing to get use to

Edited by JeanneAdil

Just talked to the Tier 2 officer. He said he can cancel my oath in Philly and send request to reschedule in Montana (they will have to transfer my case and according to him the whole process might be around 3-4 months)

Or if I can make it I'm still eligible to go to my original ceremony which is a matter of $400-500 to fly back...

hard choice. what would you guys choose?

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, luna1321 said:

Just talked to the Tier 2 officer. He said he can cancel my oath in Philly and send request to reschedule in Montana (they will have to transfer my case and according to him the whole process might be around 3-4 months)

Or if I can make it I'm still eligible to go to my original ceremony which is a matter of $400-500 to fly back...

hard choice. what would you guys choose?

Just to get it over with all the uncertainty of the N-400 process, I would fly over to Philly and attend the oath. But in my case, I would not just go over there, take the oath and then fly back. I would take my new naturalization certificate and new flag with me to go the historical parks like the Liberty Bell, The Betsy Ross House, The Museum of American Revolution... I should visit Philadelphia too! Then finally go to the USPS to submit my application for US passport. I'll think of the $500 as an early Christmas gift for myself!

Edited by xyz12345

4 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

Just to get it over with all the uncertainty of the N-400 process, I would fly over to Philly and attend the oath. But in my case, I would not just go over there, take the oath and then fly back. I would take my new naturalization certificate and new flag with me to go the historical parks like the Liberty Bell, The Betsy Ross House, The Museum of American Revolution... I should visit Philadelphia too! Then finally go to the USPS to submit my application for US passport. I'll think of the $500 as an early Christmas gift for myself!

Haha that sounds like very awesome plan! Too bad, I've lived in Philly for 2 years and already went to all these places

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.