22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello!! My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! (My notice date is February 05 2019)

How long does usually takes to actually schedule an interview? I talked to few people and some of them got the "interview scheduled" after 2 days, some of them after just couple weeks!! 

Any experiences? Just curious 😊

Ps. I already checked processing times, etc. 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My notice date was February 08 2019, and I just received notice of interview in the mail 8/31/19. our interview is scheduled for October 3rd,2019, so about a month away. My online account has never updated since Feb 8 when they received my Packet. But it looks like you should have the notice in the mail in a few days, then expect about a month from notice to have interview. But I wouldn't trust the online updates, seems like they never get updated and I have checked old and new sites. Wish I could help you more, but our Las Vegas office is currently saying 14-17 months for interview, and ours came in about 7 months, so hopefully soon for you.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
Just now, Loren Y said:

My notice date was February 08 2019, and I just received notice of interview in the mail 8/31/19. our interview is scheduled for October 3rd,2019, so about a month away. My online account has never updated since Feb 8 when they received my Packet. But it looks like you should have the notice in the mail in a few days, then expect about a month from notice to have interview.

Thank you so much for your reply and sharing your experience with me! I really hope I'll get it soon, I did hear anything about my EAD and AP so I hope I'll just get the Green Card at this point so I can start doing something with my life!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Annap950 said:

Thank you so much for your reply and sharing your experience with me! I really hope I'll get it soon, I did hear anything about my EAD and AP so I hope I'll just get the Green Card at this point so I can start doing something with my life!!!

Yes, my wife got her EAD/AP card back in April, like the 28th I think, it's in my timeline, with no notifications online, it still says we have received your application blah blah blah there is nothing else for you to do, please wait to hear from us. since you brought it up, I'm going to log in now and see if anything updated.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

Yes, my wife got her EAD/AP card back in April, like the 28th I think, it's in my timeline, with no notifications online, it still says we have received your application blah blah blah there is nothing else for you to do, please wait to hear from us. since you brought it up, I'm going to log in now and see if anything updated.

Yeah my EAD and AP are definitely outside normal processing times, I raised few SR, contacted the Senator and the Ombudsman but nothing at all...that's why I'm hoping for the green card at this point or I'll go crazy for not being able to do anything lol 

Timeline

Yep, still says the same thing for all my cases, and we already have the EAD/AP, and the interview scheduled for AOS. I guess I really don't care, as long as everything keeps moving along like it should.  See below...

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your case.
Current as of today at 7:17 pm

Timeline
Just now, Loren Y said:

Yep, still says the same thing for all my cases, and we already have the EAD/AP, and the interview scheduled for AOS. I guess I really don't care, as long as everything keeps moving along like it should.  See below...

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your case.
Current as of today at 7:17 pm

Wait are you using MyUscis? Because that does the same exact thing to me!! So I use the app and the Uscis Case Status account (that is different than MyUscis)

Timeline

Yeah my EAD and AP are definitely outside normal processing times, I raised few SR, contacted the Senator and the Ombudsman but nothing at all...that's why I'm hoping for the green card at this point or I'll go crazy for not being able to do anything lol 

yes, this is true, luckily my wife had school to finish up for the first 5 months she was here, so that Monday thru Friday schedule, plus some weekends kept her busy, but it was nice when she got her EAD and could work the weekends. Her finial exam is in a few days now, so she is studying like mad for it, and hopefully she passes and gets licensed, then she can really start working.

Timeline

Wait are you using MyUscis? Because that does the same exact thing to me!! So I use the app and the Uscis Case Status account (that is different than MyUscis)

I'm using this, supposedly the new hotness, but maybe I should switch to the app.

https://myaccount.uscis.gov/

Timeline

yes, this is true, luckily my wife had school to finish up for the first 5 months she was here, so that Monday thru Friday schedule, plus some weekends kept her busy, but it was nice when she got her EAD and could work the weekends. Her finial exam is in a few days now, so she is studying like mad for it, and hopefully she passes and gets licensed, then she can really start working.

She got this!! Good luck with that!!! 

Timeline

I'm using this, supposedly the new hotness, but maybe I should switch to the app.

Okay it is what I thought 😊 so, if I can reccomend, you go to USCIS webpage and click on case status, scroll down a little bit (if you're using your phone) and it says log in or make an account, make an account and you will have all the details and also the cases history... If you need help I can give you my email and explain it better!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

This is how it should look

Screenshot_20190902-202951_Chrome.jpg

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Annap950 said:

This is how it should look

Screenshot_20190902-202951_Chrome.jpg

Your right. I went to the old case status ( The one you linked above), and it shows updates for everything, guess the new website is a waste of time, I am updating my bookmarks now...

On August 26, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1990xxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline

Your right. I went to the old case status ( The one you linked above), and it shows updates for everything, guess the new website is a waste of time, I am updating my bookmarks now...

On August 26, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1990xxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Yay! I would say just rely on that, because they don't really update everything else like they say..

• 1 year later...

Hello! I'm bringing this thread back to life to see if there are any other current El Paso AOS filers? I applied in August 2020. I know biometrics is backlogged right now. Just wanting to connect with anyone else in this process :) 

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.