Derek&Enix

Walking to SLEC from Casa Bocobo

15 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Very excited to be this far along in the process. Best of luck to anyone else going through it currently.

My fiancé is planning on doing her medical exams early next week, and will be staying in the hotel Casa Bocobo. Since she will likely be leaving for SLEC before dawn, can anyone attest to the safety of the area? Some friends of hers mentioned it’s a sketchy area, and we both just wanted to see if anyone else had walked to SLEC from Casa Bocobo or the immediate area. I’d accompany her if I could, but unfortunately I can’t. Maybe we’ll see if she can grab, but availability at that hour might be limited. Thank you to everyone for checking this post out, and for all your responses.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Derek&Enix said:

Hello everyone! Very excited to be this far along in the process. Best of luck to anyone else going through it currently.

My fiancé is planning on doing her medical exams early next week, and will be staying in the hotel Casa Bocobo. Since she will likely be leaving for SLEC before dawn, can anyone attest to the safety of the area? Some friends of hers mentioned it’s a sketchy area, and we both just wanted to see if anyone else had walked to SLEC from Casa Bocobo or the immediate area. I’d accompany her if I could, but unfortunately I can’t. Maybe we’ll see if she can grab, but availability at that hour might be limited. Thank you to everyone for checking this post out, and for all your responses.

First off why leave SOOOO early?   Absolutely no reason to be at SLEC at O' dark-thirty.    Wait until after SLEC is open an hour or two then show up  ... she will still easily get day 1 done.     Serious.   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

49 minutes ago, Derek&Enix said:

The area is safe before dawn and late at night, I have spent many nights and early morning walking it, especially after leaving the bars and KTV bars in the area.

Casa Bocobo is about a block from SLEC, and I mean Philippines block not a US block, there is also Hotel Soriente which is next to SLEC and about a 1 minute walk from Casa Bocobo.  The whole area is scattered with 24 hour 7-11's and Mini Stops.  

ChickBoy

50 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

First off why leave SOOOO early?   Absolutely no reason to be at SLEC at O' dark-thirty.    Wait until after SLEC is open an hour or two then show up  ... she will still easily get day 1 done.     Serious.   

Or go mid week like Wednesday and get your CFO done first and then do medical on same day.

ChickBoy

50 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Appreciate the response! I think her concern was not getting to the front of the line before they stop accepting patients. She’s taking time off of work for this medical portion and wants to be certain she gets in. Her plan was to leave early enough to be one of the first few to get in. 

2 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Or go mid week like Wednesday and get your CFO done first and then do medical on same day.

Thank you for reassurance regarding the neighborhood. I believe she is going on a Monday or Tuesday for her day one medical. I’ll recommend going mid week. Thanks again for the help!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Derek&Enix said:

Appreciate the response! I think her concern was not getting to the front of the line before they stop accepting patients. She’s taking time off of work for this medical portion and wants to be certain she gets in. Her plan was to leave early enough to be one of the first few to get in. 

No issue .. serious.  She would be standing in line for hours for no real benefit.    ... it is just a suggestion to make things easier.  :)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
Just now, Derek&Enix said:

Definitely a great reassurance. I’ll bring this up as she’s been a little anxious now that we’re at this stage. Thank you!

Understand the anxiety .. this is the home stretch.     

Been giving guidance to the Philippines visa process for many years.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

Understand the anxiety .. this is the home stretch.     

Been giving guidance to the Philippines visa process for many years.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious as well! It’s been an interesting process to navigate. I’m visiting a few weeks after her medical exams and her interview. I would’ve loved to accompany her to both, but she didn’t want to spend too much of our vacation time at a hospital or embassy. We will get to do the CFO together though.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice, I’m sure there are so many couples who benefit greatly from it. Wish us luck!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Derek&Enix said:

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious as well! It’s been an interesting process to navigate. I’m visiting a few weeks after her medical exams and her interview. I would’ve loved to accompany her to both, but she didn’t want to spend too much of our vacation time at a hospital or embassy. We will get to do the CFO together though.

Anyways, thanks for all the advice, I’m sure there are so many couples who benefit greatly from it. Wish us luck!

For CFO you will have to sit outside, you will not be allowed in the building.    All the best with the process.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

How are you doing?   Glad to see you back on VJ from time to time.

Hey Hank! Doing great. I started petitioning my wife under F2a with kids as derivatives. Just received noa2 last month. Waiting for the welcome letter.

Edited by delish

Timeline
2 hours ago, delish said:

Hey Hank! Doing great. I started petitioning my wife under F2a with kids as derivatives. Just received noa2 last month. Waiting for the welcome letter.

Outstanding!!

That is the perk of the F2a .. don't need to file separate petitions for the children.  

You are at the NVC stage then ..   Hope it all goes quickly for y'all

Here is a link with details:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading%20to%20CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Immigrant visa:  1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time) . For the shortest wait time, begin calling for the NVC Agent at 7:05 am EST M-F.

TAX TRANSCRIPTS:  

Certified tax transcripts may be ordered by using Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 4506-T available at www.irs.gov or 
calling 1-800-829-1040.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.