flacka

SSN w/ Family-Based AOS?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi! My husband overstayed and we are adjusting status through marriage (I-485 & I-130 concurrently). Sorry if this is a dumb question but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly - after he receives EAD is when he can go to the social security office and apply for his SSN? 

Also, does anyone know at what point can he receive a state ID/drivers license? 

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this journey. :) 

9/25/2020 - Application sent to USCIS Chicago lockbox
9/29/2020 - Package delivered

10/21/2020 - Received 4 texts
10/29/2020 - Received 4 NOA's in mail, priority date 9/29/2020

1/29/2021 - Online status changed to RFE (I-944 now irrelevant)

2/2/2021 - Biometrics letter received, appointment 2/17/2021
2/17/2021 - Biometrics & RFE received

3/2/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

5/27/2021 - Request I-765 expedite via Emma
6/1/2021 - Expedite request received

6/4/2021 - EAD card is being produced

6/8/2021 - Interview has been scheduled!

7/22/2021 - Interview - around 9:50pm that night, new card is being produced! 
7/23/2021 - Case is approved. 🥳

31 minutes ago, flacka said:

after he receives EAD is when he can go to the social security office and apply for his SSN?

Correct

31 minutes ago, flacka said:

does anyone know at what point can he receive a state ID/drivers license?

For Pennsylvania: http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BDL/BDL Publications/pub 195nc.pdf Page 4, Row "Applicants for adjustment of status"

One of the items is a letter from the SSA indicating ineligibility for a SSN.

Edited by HRQX

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, HRQX said:

Correct

For Pennsylvania: http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BDL/BDL Publications/pub 195nc.pdf Page 4, Row "Applicants for adjustment of status"

One of the items is a letter from the SSA indicating ineligibility for a SSN.

What did you type in to find out about the drivers license? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.