Lost an approval letter when case got sent

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, 1257919478 said:

So, I went overseas for a few months and my mail went missing. Apparently, I got an email saying that my case got approved and got sent to the consulate in China. However, since I lost my mail, I don’t know if there were any more instructions besides the email.

What visa type are you?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
44 minutes ago, 1257919478 said:

K1-Visa. Forgot to type it in. My bad

You need your embassy case file # ,  should contact NVC 

K-1 visa:  1-603-334-0888 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Eastern Time) . 

What to Prepare Before Calling:

You will need the following information before you call:
– Name and date of birth of the beneficiary
– Name and date of birth of the petitioner
– Receipt number from your NOA-2

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, 1257919478 said:

So, I went overseas for a few months and my mail went missing. Apparently, I got an email saying that my case got approved and got sent to the consulate in China. However, since I lost my mail, I don’t know if there were any more instructions besides the email.

I hope that for your sake that your mail is found. In particular, the Form I-797 NOA2 K1 petition approval. You need to send in a copy of the form with your AOS application. Some folks have been successful in sending in a printout of the online notification that some folks get before actually getting the Form I-797. To stress upon you the importance of this document, you can fill out Form I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.To make sure that you need the replacement form, USCIS also wants a fee payment with your I-824 submission in the amount of USD$465.00 . 

The next round of paperwork will be going to the beneficiary, P3 and P4.

Good luck in finding your NOA2 and on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

I hope that for your sake that your mail is found. In particular, the Form I-797 NOA2 K1 petition approval. You need to send in a copy of the form with your AOS application. Some folks have been successful in sending in a printout of the online notification that some folks get before actually getting the Form I-797. To stress upon you the importance of this document, you can fill out Form I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.To make sure that you need the replacement form, USCIS also wants a fee payment with your I-824 submission in the amount of USD$465.00 . 

The next round of paperwork will be going to the beneficiary, P3 and P4.

Good luck in finding your NOA2 and on your immigration journey.

Either the NOA1 or NOA2 can be used for AOS.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.