Kerakera

Ceac website can’t be accessed

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i just had my interview yesterday (august 29,2019). I am trying to access ceac yesterday and today to check for the status of my visa. However i cant open it. The consular officer said im approve. But how come when i enter my manila case number nothing appears? Are they still updating my date? 

Thankyou so much to all of you. 

7 hours ago, Kerakera said:

Hello everyone, i just had my interview yesterday (august 29,2019). I am trying to access ceac yesterday and today to check for the status of my visa. However i cant open it. The consular officer said im approve. But how come when i enter my manila case number nothing appears? Are they still updating my date? 

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Try using your DS-160 confirmation number some have reported that it is much faster if ceac is not showing anything using your NVC case number.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hi Kerakera,

I am having the same issue, K1 case went to Ready from AP and since a day after (Tuesday) I am unable to access the CEAC status page, when I enter the case number I see a loading sing on top but the status window does not open.. I was a bit concerned and was even thinking CEAC had blocked me..

Hope it gets fixed soon ☹️☹️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kerakera said:

Edited by macaRone

Timeline

Hi. I likewise had my interview yesterday at 7:15 AM. and had tried CEAC several times. It was only around 6PM that my status changed to AP for me and “application received” for my k2. I was a bit worried because the way I understood it, my k2 would always follow my status being the principal applicant. Anyhow, I resolved to catch up on my sleep last night because of all the tossing and turning I did the night before the interview. I have been trying ceac today too and it was just doing the same thing, loading then it would return to the same page without showing any status. Finally, my check went through and lo and behold it showed the status as ISSUED (final processing) and still the same status for my k2 (application received).🤔 So if anyone from here could share some inputs about this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I know it is easier said than done, but you’ll get through the site. Just give it a little more time. Good luck!

16 hours ago, macaRone said:

Are you still selecting "immigrant" and then you DS-160 or Case number? Try it and see if it is working.

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Your K-2 will follow just give it some patience. I've experience the same thing and it evidentially in a day or so worked itself out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Are you still selecting "immigrant" and then you DS-160 or Case number? Try it and see if it is working.

As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Your K-2 will follow just give it some patience. I've experience the same thing and it evidentially in a day or so worked itself out.

Hello guys, thank you for all your helpful responses! Yeah, as i checked.. i was actually clicking the wrong part. I should check the one for non immigrant part. 

It is already flagged as “issued” and just waiting for my visa now.

thankyou so much! 

Just now, DanielCartter said:

Very weird, was able to access the site today and status was ISSUED with last update of Aug 28 😐

When checking you need to check under "immigrant" first and if it gives you nothing then try "Non-immigrant". As a K1, when checking your case online at CEAC.state.gov you have to select "immigrant visa" as it is treated like as such even though it is a "non-immigrant visa".

Technically the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but it is treated like an immigrant visa because of the AOS. It is kind of a ba$tard. Non-immigrant treated like an immigrant. Other non-immigrant visas do not usually end up with green cards!  The K-1 on its own is a single entry, short time limit visa that expires 90 days after POE. You are a non-immigrant (90 days limit) with immigrant intentions (GC). That is why it is a non-immigrant visa treated like an immigrant visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Apologies for the gigantic font of my previous post. I didn't realize it would be that way when I copy pasted it from my notes off my phone. I wanted to edit it but could not figure out how.  :oops:About the ceac issue, It's probably just the intermittent downtime the website is experiencing. Further reading of other posts related to this topic showed another option of checking your visa status, that is to choose non-immigrant, then entering the number found on the DS160 confirmation page which starts with AA.  It worked for me.  Thank you @Greenbaum.  You have definitely calmed my nerves as I was already stressing out about the status of my K-2. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.