Toastbear

Backgroundcheck BEFORE Biometricsappointment?

1 post in this topic

Hey, I hope someone can help me with this and gives me some advice.

My NOA1 for my AOS, EAD and AP is May 20 and I had my first biometrics appointment for my EAD on August 1st. I didnt know at first it was only for the EAD and not AOS, but the Officer at the Appointment told me that the letter only contains the EAD casenumber and I will need to come back for another Appointment. 

I was at first confused, but then saw in this forum that I am not the only one with two biometrics appointments and this can happen depending on how backlogged they are. Even the officer told me, they usually try to get it done within one appointment, but sometimes it does happen to be two.

This would be fine, but now 1 month later I still havent gotten my AOS biometrics and when i put a service request the answer was:

The status of this service request is:

On 08/10/2019, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, because you have not received the biometrics notice. 

Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. A biometrics notice will be mailed out to you once your case has completed the required security checks. 

I am pretty confused about this, because I thought they would do the security checks after they got my fingerprints?

At the end I dont really care for AOS since I only want my EAD and AP approved, but I wonder if this will slow down the whole process of getting those too.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Also, please only answer if you have actually advice. I dont need more people to tell me "two biometric appointments" never happen, because it does.

Thank you so much in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.