Goldfish123

Biometrics- N400

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'll be applying N-400 for 3 years of marriage in 2 weeks ( got I751 approval last week). I need to know after submitting e application for  n400 how soon do we get our biometrics ?

Mine took two weeks from filing for biometrics, but then a year for my interview to be scheduled. 

I have been through the K1 Visa process twice. My first journey began in 2006 & I surrendered my Green Card prior to filling the I-751

*My timeline shows my Visa Journey second time around*

N400 - Citizenship - Santa Ana CA

15/07/2018: Filed online

24/07/2018: NOA

09/08/2018: Biometrics Appointment 

19/07/2019: Interview - APPROVED

22/08/2019: Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY COMPLETE. OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

**I was eligible to apply for citizenship in 2014,  I just hadn’t done so**

DS-11 - Application for Passport

27/08/2019: Submitted application through USPS

Member Reviews: None Found

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Goldfish123 said:

I'll be applying N-400 for 3 years of marriage in 2 weeks ( got I751 approval last week). I need to know after submitting e application for  n400 how soon do we get our biometrics ?

File online and you will get your bio anywhere between 15-20 days.  I applied 25th Nov, 2018, go Bio Dec  14, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, LisaUK said:

Mine took two weeks from filing for biometrics, but then a year for my interview to be scheduled. 

an year to schedule interview? I was expecting 4-6 months?

2 hours ago, dilip said:

File online and you will get your bio anywhere between 15-20 days.  I applied 25th Nov, 2018, go Bio Dec  14, 2018

When did u get ur interview? 

I mean you can hope for 4-6 months, but that is not a realistic expectation. You have to remember this is not standard timeline expectations. They are still backlogged from the shutdown and right now a LOT of people are scrambling to get naturalized as they have this unrealistic fear of deportation. I live in Southern California so my filing center likely takes a lot longer than others. I see you are filing through Texas though so you are also going through an office with a HUGE number of immigrants. I would be prepared for a long wait. At my ceremony recently I met someone who filed through a different office than Santa Ana and they still had a 9 month wait for an interview date. You can check processing times here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by LisaUK
Added link to processing times

I have been through the K1 Visa process twice. My first journey began in 2006 & I surrendered my Green Card prior to filling the I-751

I mean you can hope for 4-6 months, but that is not a realistic expectation. You have to remember this is not standard timeline expectations. They are still backlogged from the shutdown and right now a LOT of people are scrambling to get naturalized as they have this unrealistic fear of deportation. I live in Southern California so filing centers here likely takes a lot longer than others. I see you are filing through Texas though so you are also going through an office with a HUGE number of immigrants. I would be prepared for a long wait. At my ceremony recently I met someone who filed through a different office than Santa Ana and they still had a 9 month wait for an interview date.

Edited by LisaUK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Goldfish123 said:

1 hour ago, Goldfish123 said:

My interview was June 28, 2019 and oath July 15, 2019.  I was provided estimated date Feb 2020 when filed online.  USCIS is trying to decrease processing time. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.