3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone! I  will be sending out my ROC packet in the next few days. I have a few questions:

1. When filing out the I 751, do you put none and N/A on parts that are blank or do you leave those parts blank? 

2. Also the evidence that you are submitting ie. bank statements etc, do you annotate and highlight the key parts ie. our direct deposits or just submit as is? 

3. My husband was added to my joint checking last September 2018 however before that he would just deposit his check into that account. Shall I only send bank statements from last September or before that would be okay as it shows his check deposits made into the account? his name is not on account before September 2018

any help would be appreciated! :)

thank you in advance! 

K1 Journey

11/05/2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox via FedEx

12/05/2016 - I-129F received at Lewisville Lockbox

17/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Text/Email Notification - Routed to California Service Center 

25/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy - notice date of 16/05/2016

09/06/2016 - Up to date with vaccinations

29/07/2016 - Received NOA2 text/email notification! (74 days) 

05/08/2016 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

09/08/2016 - Sent ACRO Police Certificate Application

11/08/2016- NVC Received packet!

11/08/2016 - NVC Case number assigned on the same day as NVC received! yayyy 

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage
08/02/2017-  sent AOS packet to Chicago via FedEx
20/02/2017-  Received NOA1 Hardcopies for AOS/AP/EAD - notice dates of 13/02/2017
25/04/2017EAD case status changed to " Card being produced"
27/04/2017 - AP and EAD case status changed to "Case Approved"
28/04/2017 - EAD case status changed to " Card was mailed to me"
28/04/2017 -Received NOA2 Hardcopy for EAD/AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, nachnam said:

Hello everyone! I  will be sending out my ROC packet in the next few days. I have a few questions:

1. When filing out the I 751, do you put none and N/A on parts that are blank or do you leave those parts blank? 

2. Also the evidence that you are submitting ie. bank statements etc, do you annotate and highlight the key parts ie. our direct deposits or just submit as is? 

3. My husband was added to my joint checking last September 2018 however before that he would just deposit his check into that account. Shall I only send bank statements from last September or before that would be okay as it shows his check deposits made into the account? his name is not on account before September 2018

any help would be appreciated! :)

thank you in advance! 

1. I refer you to the form instructions https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-751instr.pdf?download=1 which you should have already read. Page 3 How to Fill Out Form I-751 

They explain it nicely.

2. Personal experience- My wife highlighted the heck out of every piece of evidence she sent to USCIS to point out exactly what she wanted them to notice...the date, the joint names. She also wrote notes in red in the bottom margin. "Joint bank account"

3. For prior to joint, you could highlight his deposits on a couple of older dates and note at the bottom--"Joe's paycheck deposited into Mary's bank account- May 22, 2017"

That's what I would do. It worked well for us.

The best bank account evidence IMHO --Choose statements that show the account is used. High balances,  low balances, changing balances.  A joint bank account that sits at $300 with nothing going in or out looks fake. We picked just 4 statements from the checking but they spanned 2 years and were a good picture of real life...a great month when the tax refund came in...a month when you spent down to your last $100, If that makes any sense. Same for photos.  Look like an everyday couple, not all posed and glam in every one. We looked really gnarly painting a room together so picked that photo by the ladder with paint on our clothes as one we sent. Real life. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

1. I refer you to the form instructions https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-751instr.pdf?download=1 which you should have already read. Page 3 How to Fill Out Form I-751 

They explain it nicely.

2. Personal experience- My wife highlighted the heck out of every piece of evidence she sent to USCIS to point out exactly what she wanted them to notice...the date, the joint names. She also wrote notes in red in the bottom margin. "Joint bank account"

3. For prior to joint, you could highlight his deposits on a couple of older dates and note at the bottom--"Joe's paycheck deposited into Mary's bank account- May 22, 2017"

That's what I would do. It worked well for us.

The best bank account evidence IMHO --Choose statements that show the account is used. High balances,  low balances, changing balances.  A joint bank account that sits at $300 with nothing going in or out looks fake. We picked just 4 statements from the checking but they spanned 2 years and were a good picture of real life...a great month when the tax refund came in...a month when you spent down to your last $100, If that makes any sense. Same for photos.  Look like an everyday couple, not all posed and glam in every one. We looked really gnarly painting a room together so picked that photo by the ladder with paint on our clothes as one we sent. Real life. 

Thank you for confirming! I’m so glad I checked 😊

K1 Journey

11/05/2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville Lockbox via FedEx

12/05/2016 - I-129F received at Lewisville Lockbox

17/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Text/Email Notification - Routed to California Service Center 

25/05/2016 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy - notice date of 16/05/2016

09/06/2016 - Up to date with vaccinations

29/07/2016 - Received NOA2 text/email notification! (74 days) 

05/08/2016 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

09/08/2016 - Sent ACRO Police Certificate Application

11/08/2016- NVC Received packet!

11/08/2016 - NVC Case number assigned on the same day as NVC received! yayyy 

AOS Journey
04/12/2016 - POE Dallas
05/12/2016-  Marriage
08/02/2017-  sent AOS packet to Chicago via FedEx
20/02/2017-  Received NOA1 Hardcopies for AOS/AP/EAD - notice dates of 13/02/2017
25/04/2017EAD case status changed to " Card being produced"
27/04/2017 - AP and EAD case status changed to "Case Approved"
28/04/2017 - EAD case status changed to " Card was mailed to me"
28/04/2017 -Received NOA2 Hardcopy for EAD/AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.