RickyG4445

6 month Visa Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, RickyG4445 said:

I am a US citizen and would like to know, can I stay in Vietnam for 6 months (without leaving every 3 months) with a 6 month BUSINESS visa? Do i need to have a sponsor or a job lined up to apply for the 6 months?

Or can i easily apply just like with the 1 month and 3 month?

thanks

I have always gotten the 1 year, multi-entry visa.  (Its a write in option on the visa application.)  There is no requirement to leave during the 12 months, though you will be reminded to leave by airport staff as the expiration date approaches. - Jason

Edited by JasonGG

Timeline

We have a friend who is a French citizen who lives and operates a business in Da Lat.  He simply renews his visa annually.   No requirement to leave or renew outside of the country.  Perhaps its the same for U.S.  citizens.   Email the Vietnamese embassy in Washington DC.   They have usually replied to me within hours - info@vietnamembassy.us.

Edited by JasonGG

12 hours ago, JasonGG said:

I have always gotten the 1 year, multi-entry visa.  (Its a write in option on the visa application.)  There is no requirement to leave during the 12 months, though you will be reminded to leave by airport staff as the expiration date approaches. - Jason

So i dont need to have a job sponsor inorder to do the 6 or 1 year visa?

i plan on going on here to get my visa.

vietnamvisapro.net

Edited by RickyG4445

Timeline

If you don't have a job yet, just go over on the 1 year tourist visa.  No sponsor needed.  It will ask for a contact name in Vietnam, so I usually include one of my wife's family members or just one of the hotels we will stay at.  The visa only matters at the airport and I have never been asked what I would be doing in the country upon arrival.

I would recommend getting it directly from the Vietnamese Embassy.  I get mine 2-3 days after they receive my application and fee, which is cheaper than the link you posted.  In 2018, I think it was $110, without any additional fees.  You send a self-addressed, postage paid envelope for return.  I sent them a prepaid priority mail envelope so I can track it on the way back.

Jason

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.