RaheelS

Islamabad Embassy- No interview letter? No packet 3 or 4?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I really need some help from individuals that have specifically done the whole interview process at the U.S. embassy in Islamabad,Pakistan. Is it normal for them to not contact the beneficiary and send them the interview letter or Packet 3 or 4? Do I have to call them to get the letter? My case status on CEAC says ready since July 18, and I have already scheduled the interview and trying to schedule the medical at Clifton Medical Services in Karachi. Please help!!! Whatever help or knowledge I can get from anyone who has gone through the whole process in Islamabad would be appreciated!!

Timeline

Here was my reply to a similar question not too long ago.

If things haven't changed, the beneficiary should receive an email from the embassy 3-4 weeks after the NVC forwarded the petition.  You can go ahead and fill out the DS-160.  We had actually scheduled the interview before getting the email from the embassy, because we didn't know there was an email coming.  But you would definitely want confirmation that they have your case before actually going to an interview.  You have to have an interview date before you are allowed to schedule the medical.

Here is what the email from the embassy said. Hope this helps.

We are pleased to inform you that our office has received the subject case from the National Visa Center to initiate the visa processing of this case.   Please follow the link below in order to get the complete information on “How to set an online appointment and what documents will be required at the time of interview?”

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-iv-kvisa.asp

Timeline
On 8/10/2019 at 4:52 AM, RaheelS said:

I really need some help from individuals that have specifically done the whole interview process at the U.S. embassy in Islamabad,Pakistan. Is it normal for them to not contact the beneficiary and send them the interview letter or Packet 3 or 4? Do I have to call them to get the letter? My case status on CEAC says ready since July 18, and I have already scheduled the interview and trying to schedule the medical at Clifton Medical Services in Karachi. Please help!!! Whatever help or knowledge I can get from anyone who has gone through the whole process in Islamabad would be appreciated!!

Well, if you are applying for k1 visa then you can go ahead and pay the visa fee, do your medical exam and schedule an appointment. Also, they do not send you packet 3 or 4, they will just send you an email stating that nvc forwarded your case. They will also mail you that letter which reaches after a month or so. Do not wait for that letter, you can just print it from your email. When you schedule your appoinment, they will send you confirmation page with things that you need to provide. I have just been through the whole process of k1 visa so I am aware of recent process. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, K1 Visa 2019 said:

Well, if you are applying for k1 visa then you can go ahead and pay the visa fee, do your medical exam and schedule an appointment. Also, they do not send you packet 3 or 4, they will just send you an email stating that nvc forwarded your case. They will also mail you that letter which reaches after a month or so. Do not wait for that letter, you can just print it from your email. When you schedule your appoinment, they will send you confirmation page with things that you need to provide. I have just been through the whole process of k1 visa so I am aware of recent process. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

i got following email in  first week of September and  should i just wait for packet 3 and packet 4 . Can you please guide me through complete process you went through.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Islamabad, Pakistan. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:

Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.