4 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good Day! 

I have a few questions and i will really appreciate multiple answers and suggestions

I just got my visa and I intend leaving in a couple of weeks.

I have a BSC in Biochemistry in my home county and I look forward to working in my field or related filed( environmental science or toxicology) or something related.

1. Should I bring my transcript along with me if possible, hoping that my certificate and GPA might help me get a job. Or is my certificate as "useless"as they come.

2. Do I have to go to grab school before I am able to get a job because obviously I need to work and have some savings to be able to go to grad school

3. Should I hold on, on the transcript application until the job or school askes for it to be sent to them directly?

4. Do I have to start school all over or maybe have an associate degree in a science related course or some pocket courses before I can get a job

Honestly I just need to know what the chances are for me. And my next most reasonable choice of action once I get there!.

Please your responses will be highly appreciated. 

Looking forward to seeing them. 

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

I've gone to graduate school with other students from various countries around the world. Their Bachelor's degrees are valid here in the US. I would definitely bring multiple copies of your transcripts (sealed) for the sake of applying to multiple programs. I'm certain you could find a job teaching on the secondary level (middle or high school) and fund your way through school. A good friend of mine has a Bachelor in Chemistry and has taught for the last 12 years. The only thing with that is you may need a teaching license/certificate (which isn't as extensive as getting a Bachelor's degree but would require some time). If your area is short of teachers, you could also try an emergency teaching license. 

If that doesn't suit you, you could also apply to graduate assistantship programs that allow you to work in your academic department AND attend classes as a graduate student. Those grad assistantships tend to be limited in numbers, but it never hurts to apply anyway.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Team A Forever said:

Hello,

I've gone to graduate school with other students from various countries around the world. Their Bachelor's degrees are valid here in the US. I would definitely bring multiple copies of your transcripts (sealed) for the sake of applying to multiple programs. I'm certain you could find a job teaching on the secondary level (middle or high school) and fund your way through school. A good friend of mine has a Bachelor in Chemistry and has taught for the last 12 years. The only thing with that is you may need a teaching license/certificate (which isn't as extensive as getting a Bachelor's degree but would require some time). If your area is short of teachers, you could also try an emergency teaching license. 

If that doesn't suit you, you could also apply to graduate assistantship programs that allow you to work in your academic department AND attend classes as a graduate student. Those grad assistantships tend to be limited in numbers, but it never hurts to apply anyway.

Thanks so much. I will do just that. Il make arrangements to come with multiple copies of it sealed. Although I was told I will be given just one. 

I might not want to go into the teaching section, I would prefer production/ research, manufacturing and other aspects. 

However I am open to new paths for the greater good. 

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, kivasbeauty said:

Thanks so much. I will do just that. Il make arrangements to come with multiple copies of it sealed. Although I was told I will be given just one. 

I might not want to go into the teaching section, I would prefer production/ research, manufacturing and other aspects. 

However I am open to new paths for the greater good. 

Thank you

You're very welcome! Godspeed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.