ladyheart2011

Dual citizenship

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone submitted application for dual citizenship in Washington that can enlighten me on how long is the process for this? I received a text message that they have received my paperworks and will update me this was April 19. I emailed several times and finally I messaged in FB and told them how frustrating it is to wait not getting any response. This guy named Joey from Washington finally called me and was upset that I kept of following up and actually lied that i have been left messages and I don’t reply back? Then he said he needed my daughters US passport. If i knew that this whole time then I could’ve given it to them. So I sent the copy of my daughters US passport on July 16 and again no updates. I didn’t even know if he received it since he is not replying to my emails. This is getting me really upset. I feel like I’m being pushed to the side.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, ladyheart2011 said:

Has anyone submitted application for dual citizenship in Washington that can enlighten me on how long is the process for this? I received a text message that they have received my paperworks and will update me this was April 19. I emailed several times and finally I messaged in FB and told them how frustrating it is to wait not getting any response. This guy named Joey from Washington finally called me and was upset that I kept of following up and actually lied that i have been left messages and I don’t reply back? Then he said he needed my daughters US passport. If i knew that this whole time then I could’ve given it to them. So I sent the copy of my daughters US passport on July 16 and again no updates. I didn’t even know if he received it since he is not replying to my emails. This is getting me really upset. I feel like I’m being pushed to the side.

Did your daughter naturalize when you did?   Are you completing dual citizenship for the two of you?

Normally after you email them all the documents they require, you will eventually be notified to schedule an appt for the oath ceremony.    Are you acquiring Philippine passports at the same time?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yes my daughter is still minor and she was automatically granted US citizenship but i never applied for her US passport since we dont need it that time. And i never knew the embassy needs it since she is a minor. We finally got her a US passport last month and as soon as they told me they need it i sent it right away through email. We are not acquiring PH passport i just needed a dual citizenship because of a property that was bought in PH. They will not approve us for bank loan unless i provide Dual certificate.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ladyheart2011 said:

Yes my daughter is still minor and she was automatically granted US citizenship but i never applied for her US passport since we dont need it that time. And i never knew the embassy needs it since she is a minor. We finally got her a US passport last month and as soon as they told me they need it i sent it right away through email. We are not acquiring PH passport i just needed a dual citizenship because of a property that was bought in PH. They will not approve us for bank loan unless i provide Dual certificate.

Without her U.S. passport she couldn't travel outside the USA  ;)     Plus her having the U.S. passport gives her documentation showing U.S. citizenship being only you got a Naturalization Certificate.

Hope it all goes smoothly now.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.