Jump to content

Expedite EAD without job offer?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm curious, has anyone in recent history been able to successfully expedite the EAD without a job offer in hand? I've received news that I (petitioner) need surgery soon that will take several months of recovery time, which means not working. I can apply for short-term disability, but it won't be enough to cover our bills. It would be great if my husband could start working while I'm recovering but I'm not sure if we need to find a job and get a written offer first. I'm not confident in our ability to find a job willing to provide an offer without an EAD already in hand. Has anyone been approved without a job offer connected to their expedite request? If so, what did you do?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can always claim financial hardship but from what I understand you will need evidence of such hardship, as in: bills that are beyond what you can afford, statements from doctors saying you are unable to work, documents from your company saying you will not get paid for X amount of time. I  not sure if just an estimate coming from you would be enough, you might need solid evidence from several sources.


Plus the problem with trying to expedite an EAD without a job offer is that the EAD itself does not guarantee your husband will get a job offer any sooner. While it is true that it is hard to get a job offer when you don't have an EAD, there are other factors to consider, such as the applicant's skill set and references. 


And finally... With so many people applying for expedites these days, you really want to make sure you have a solid case. Gather as much evidence as you can and have your husband apply for jobs nonstop, because a job offer letter might help. Give it a try even if he doesn't get it but make sure to have a plan B in case things don't work out.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...