NimZz

Abu Dhabi Interviews

5 posts in this topic

Hello! 

I just wanted to post this to give a heads up to anyone interviewing in Abu Dhabi. On the set of instructions for documents you need to bring for the interview, it mentioned to either bring a copy of the petitioners and any sponsors most recent tax return OR tax transcript. The last time I requested a tax transcript it took a while and was a hassle so I decided I’d just give my husband copies of mine and the joint sponsors tax return. My husbands interview date was July 24th 2019 and he had all the documents with him (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc) they didn’t even take copies they just checked the originals. However they would not accept the tax return copies. They wanted the actual transcripts so the case was put on administrative processing.

I highly advise anyone interviewing in Abu Dhabi who is applying for a marriage based greencard, to request a copy of the tax transcripts as well just in case. Don’t make the same mistake I did 😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, NimZz said:

Hello! 

I just wanted to post this to give a heads up to anyone interviewing in Abu Dhabi. On the set of instructions for documents you need to bring for the interview, it mentioned to either bring a copy of the petitioners and any sponsors most recent tax return OR tax transcript. The last time I requested a tax transcript it took a while and was a hassle so I decided I’d just give my husband copies of mine and the joint sponsors tax return. My husbands interview date was July 24th 2019 and he had all the documents with him (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc) they didn’t even take copies they just checked the originals. However they would not accept the tax return copies. They wanted the actual transcripts so the case was put on administrative processing.

I highly advise anyone interviewing in Abu Dhabi who is applying for a marriage based greencard, to request a copy of the tax transcripts as well just in case. Don’t make the same mistake I did 😭

Ugh, I'm so sorry, what a hassle! I hope things go quickly in AP. I am still very early in in my timeline but wanted to be proactive and looked recently into getting my tax transcripts. I got them within like 5 minutes online!

3 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

Ugh, I'm so sorry, what a hassle! I hope things go quickly in AP. I am still very early in in my timeline but wanted to be proactive and looked recently into getting my tax transcripts. I got them within like 5 minutes online!

So I tried that and I was able to get the joint sponsors tax transcript online but for whatever reason when I tried to get mine it kept saying that the information you entered does not match what is in the system and after 3 trys it would lock me out. I emailed my tax guy to see if he entered something wrong on my return, and I even called IRS however they said they don’t know how the online system works and that all they can do is request a copy to be mailed to me. So that’s what I had to do. It took about 5 days to get in the mail. I should have done it sooner but I remember the last time I requested them it took forever. But I finally got them yesterday. When I emailed the embassy the joint sponsors transcript, they replied pretty fast so I am hoping they reply by Sunday, as Friday and Saturday is considered the weekend in UAE. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, NimZz said:

So I tried that and I was able to get the joint sponsors tax transcript online but for whatever reason when I tried to get mine it kept saying that the information you entered does not match what is in the system and after 3 trys it would lock me out. I emailed my tax guy to see if he entered something wrong on my return, and I even called IRS however they said they don’t know how the online system works and that all they can do is request a copy to be mailed to me. So that’s what I had to do. It took about 5 days to get in the mail. I should have done it sooner but I remember the last time I requested them it took forever. But I finally got them yesterday. When I emailed the embassy the joint sponsors transcript, they replied pretty fast so I am hoping they reply by Sunday, as Friday and Saturday is considered the weekend in UAE. 

Oh good so you've scanned the paper copy in and sent to them already? Hopefully they do get back to you quickly! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 5:58 AM, NimZz said:

We had the same problem the CF asked for the transcripts for our sponsor so the sponsor got them online in minutes after I myself tried to obtain them numerous times. It locked us out for 24 hrs so we tried daily and finally succeeded on the 3rd day. We scanned the tax transcripts and emailed them to the beneficiary who then uploaded them onto CEAC. Make sure u also email the abu dhabi embassy at the email add they give u after the interview to Inform them that u have uploaded the remaining reqd document. They viewed the copy in about 2 days, and sent us an email to submit the psprt. We got psprt in hand within 3 working days. Hope all goes well for u :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.