Imo34

Req for government employees

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After being initially "denied" at the interview and given a 221(g) form, we were finally issued a visa 4 days after they received the necessary documents. This is very unexpected as the usual turnaround time based on the responses I saw here in VJ is about a month and I really thought our documents were not enough (I guess I overthink too much). Anyway, the quick response was really a blessing as a few days more would have complicated my work situation here in the Philippines. As the header suggests I work in a government institution and is up for renewal but the the visa issuance will have me "breach my employment contract". Luckily the visa arrived just before my new contract was to be signed.

Now my next concern is the requirements of the Philippine immigration for former government employees. Does anyone know if I will be required to present an approved clearance form from my previous employer?  I know that as a government worker, we need to present an "authority to travel" or some sort of employer consent letter to do work-related or even personal trips abroad. But as an ex employee, do we have to present anything or at least asked about it by the Philippine immigration officials? I'm asking this because I may not be able to complete it before my flight to the US. Although I could work my answers around it but I'm just really anxious and want to cover everything. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am interested to know this as well as my fiance is a govt employee currently and will be quitting prior to emigrating.  She was denied leaving the Philippines on a trip to Thailand with me back in February due to not having a travel authority.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.