Jump to content

Req for government employees

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

After being initially "denied" at the interview and given a 221(g) form, we were finally issued a visa 4 days after they received the necessary documents. This is very unexpected as the usual turnaround time based on the responses I saw here in VJ is about a month and I really thought our documents were not enough (I guess I overthink too much). Anyway, the quick response was really a blessing as a few days more would have complicated my work situation here in the Philippines. As the header suggests I work in a government institution and is up for renewal but the the visa issuance will have me "breach my employment contract". Luckily the visa arrived just before my new contract was to be signed.


Now my next concern is the requirements of the Philippine immigration for former government employees. Does anyone know if I will be required to present an approved clearance form from my previous employer?  I know that as a government worker, we need to present an "authority to travel" or some sort of employer consent letter to do work-related or even personal trips abroad. But as an ex employee, do we have to present anything or at least asked about it by the Philippine immigration officials? I'm asking this because I may not be able to complete it before my flight to the US. Although I could work my answers around it but I'm just really anxious and want to cover everything. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interested to know this as well as my fiance is a govt employee currently and will be quitting prior to emigrating.  She was denied leaving the Philippines on a trip to Thailand with me back in February due to not having a travel authority.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...