FutureMrsDonald

Part 8 Additional Info

11 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Ashley Follie said:

Please help! I am so confused on Part 8. Would this be how you set it up? For addresses there are item numbers 9a-12b so I am confused what item numbers they are looking for for a 3rd address as it could be both?

20190729_232158.jpg

Technically it should look like this: Page No. "2", Part Number "1", Item Number "9a".

You will then need a separate box for each individual item # (versus what you have here all items in the same box is not acccurate).

What I did is made an excel spreadsheet to track everything as this is much easier to handle for processing and makes it much easier on the user. I think we filled in the Part number wrong, as we had format "Page No. 2, Part No. 9, Item No. A". Ultimately they knew what we were saying and were able to tie it back no problem.

6 minutes ago, samnrong said:

Technically it should look like this: Page No. "2", Part Number "1", Item Number "9a".

You will then need a separate box for each individual item # (versus what you have here all items in the same box is not acccurate).

What I did is made an excel spreadsheet to track everything as this is much easier to handle for processing and makes it much easier on the user. I think we filled in the Part number wrong, as we had format "Page No. 2, Part No. 9, Item No. A". Ultimately they knew what we were saying and were able to tie it back no problem.

I have to fill out 10 boxes for one address.....seriously? There has to be an easier way. I have seen people fill out the item number as "9a-10b" and do it like this? I am so confused.

10 minutes ago, Ashley Follie said:

I have to fill out 10 boxes for one address.....seriously? There has to be an easier way. I have seen people fill out the item number as "9a-10b" and do it like this? I am so confused.

There is an easier way, put the schedule into excel, as I suggested. Then it will all be contained in one spreadsheet...

Just now, samnrong said:

There is an easier way, put the schedule into excel, as I suggested. Then it will all be contained in one spreadsheet...

I dont know how to do that. I've never used excel. I dont see what the difference is if you put it in one box....? If you attach a separate sheet you just write the info out with no boxes so what would be the difference?

4 minutes ago, Ashley Follie said:

I dont know how to do that. I've never used excel. I dont see what the difference is if you put it in one box....? If you attach a separate sheet you just write the info out with no boxes so what would be the difference?

I can't tell you what the difference would be. I can only give you advice based on what I know, which is the way that we did it. We put all the information on a separate sheet and had everything very easily verifiable.

If you feel comfortable putting everything within one box as you have done then go with it. I cannot comment on whether that is acceptable or whether you'll receive an RFE for it, as I have no personal experience. You should be fine whatever format you choose as long as the information is easily identifiable and the person reviewing the form can easily link up the answers to the specific items without issue. However, I can only comment on the way that I did it and say that it worked for us. Anything beyond that I cannot personally comment.

Just now, samnrong said:

I can't tell you what the difference would be. I can only give you advice based on what I know, which is the way that we did it. We put all the information on a separate sheet and had everything very easily verifiable.

If you feel comfortable putting everything within one box as you have done then go with it. I cannot comment on whether that is acceptable or whether you'll receive an RFE for it, as I have no personal experience. You should be fine whatever format you choose as long as the information is easily identifiable and the person reviewing the form can easily link up the answers to the specific items without issue. However, I can only comment on the way that I did it and say that it worked for us. Anything beyond that I cannot personally comment.

So you didnt include page 13 at all? The directions state you can only use a separate sheet after filling the provided boxes? Can you show me an example?

Just now, Ashley Follie said:

So you didnt include page 13 at all? The directions state you can only use a separate sheet after filling the provided boxes? Can you show me an example?

The directions state specifically you can use a separate sheet of paper:

image.png.bc2570ea2c7f60f932b7cecc05934c64.png

Here is an example of what my sheet looked like in excel:

image.png.1459ab84e7436040640bb16e146ffe54.png

Make sure that when you print it out your name and A-number (if applicable) are at the top of each printed page.

3 minutes ago, samnrong said:

The directions state specifically you can use a separate sheet of paper:

image.png.bc2570ea2c7f60f932b7cecc05934c64.png

Here is an example of what my sheet looked like in excel:

image.png.1459ab84e7436040640bb16e146ffe54.png

Make sure that when you print it out your name and A-number (if applicable) are at the top of each printed page.

So did you not include page 13 in your application or did you write something on the page like "see attached" or did you use the boxes provided on page 13 and then used the excel for the rest?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Here is how I did ours. I ended up using 2 sheets since a lot of questions didn't provide enough space. Worked for me.

Capture.png

Edited by Joe&Tha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.