bengal17

Affidavit of Support

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

I was told I'd get better answers in regards to the process in the Philippines.

I was in the Philippines with my fiancee from November 2017 - November 2018. I was able to land a job mid December of last year and made less than $800. So far, I have made $18,700 this year. Would that be a problem in proving I can support my fiancee? My annual income is supposed to be $32-34k, depends if I do more OT. I really don't want to use a Co-sponsor.

Thanks in advance for reading!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

;) 

As noted already the I-864P list the poverty guidelines, the embassy in Manila uses 125% .        For two people you will need gross income of $21,137

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

I would suggest you get a letter from your employer, would be nice if it stated your expected annual GROSS income.    I would also scan a number of your pay stub and send them to your fiancee as well.

Embassy is touch and go with co-sponsors regarding the K-1 visa, if they accept a co-sponsor they want it to be immediate family; parents, siblings.

(as a side note; since 2014 the embassy has been very lax in asking for financial support evidence for the K-1 visa .. just the same you need to be prepared)

Here is a link to the visa process in Manila, the K-1 info is about 1/2 way down the page.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.