Jump to content
Penny&Lee

AOS interview checklist

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all! We have my interview tomorrow morning at the Holtsville office on Long Island. I’m doing some last minute prep on my folder and wanted to see if anyone had any more recommendations on what we should bring,

so far this is what we have:

•interview notice 

•vaccination history, X-ray disk & a copy of my DS3025

•my husbands 1040 tax return document

•a letter from my husbands employer stating length of employment and current pay

•all (or most) documents received from USCIS throughout the process

•I-94 arrival departure record

•my birth certificate and a photocopy

•my husbands birth certificate and a photocopy

•both of our passports

•my UK driving license and his US driving license 

•SS cards for the both of us

•marriage certificate original and a certified copy

•joint assets together such as: our apartment lease, bank statements and our phone bill (we don’t have joint health insurance or car insurance etc yet)

•letter from USCIS with our change of address 

•police certificate original and copy (although I’m pretty sure I don’t need to bring it)

•pictures from our relationship ranging from 2014 to now. I’ve labeled every picture with the date they were taken and who is in the photo. I’ve also organized them by date. I’m sure this also doesn’t matter much though

•wedding cards that we received from family and friends

 

is there anything else anyone recommends that we take?

 

thank you!

Edited by Penny&Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What matters the most is financial commingling. Also an updated proof of income -such as tax return for 2018- is important. Whatever shows you share the same address is useful too. It seems you have all that covered. 

 

The rest of the documents are mostly just in case they misplaced/lost something, as they already have them. 

 

From what I've read so far and our own experience, they will ask you to decide on what to give them -we were literally asked: "What do you have for me?"-. They'll let you know if they want it or not. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

What matters the most is financial commingling. Also an updated proof of income -such as tax return for 2018- is important. Whatever shows you share the same address is useful too. It seems you have all that covered. 

 

The rest of the documents are mostly just in case they misplaced/lost something, as they already have them. 

 

From what I've read so far and our own experience, they will ask you to decide on what to give them -we were literally asked: "What do you have for me?"-. They'll let you know if they want it or not. 

Yeah the 1040 we have is 2018, I believe I have 17 in the folder too!

 

not sure what else to bring that will show that we live at the same address other than what we have, do you have any recommendations? 

 

And really? What did you give to them when they asked that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Yeah the 1040 we have is 2018, I believe I have 17 in the folder too!

 

not sure what else to bring that will show that we live at the same address other than what we have, do you have any recommendations? 

 

And really? What did you give to them when they asked that?

Yes, that's how it was. :P

We handed the officer copies of joint documents on health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, bank account, credit card, tax return and a shared membership.

Also two pages with 4 b/w pictures each.

That was it.

 

Regarding address, whatever thing you've received with your name and address: letters, bank statements, brochures, etc. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Yes, that's how it was. :P

We handed the officer copies of joint documents on health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, bank account, credit card, tax return and a shared membership.

Also two pages with 4 b/w pictures each.

That was it.

 

Regarding address, whatever thing you've received with your name and address: letters, bank statements, brochures, etc. 

Awesome, thank you so much! I’ll go rummaging to see what I have lol 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Awesome, thank you so much! I’ll go rummaging to see what I have lol 😂

Hahahaha

I honestly think you're fine with what you have, but I understand the feeling: better bring EVERYTHING, "just in case". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Hahahaha

I honestly think you're fine with what you have, but I understand the feeling: better bring EVERYTHING, "just in case". 

Right!!! I can’t stand the thought of an RFE. Better to be safe than sorry for sure 🤷🏻‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...